|Date Posted:||Jan 4, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 13, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About RIZ Strategy Consulting:
National Emergency Operations Center (NEOC) for Polio Eradication, Afghanistan is the central location from which to coordinate the interventions for fighting against polio in the country. It provides a platform for all stakeholders to work directly and collaboratively, share information in real time, and formulate a joint plan of action. EOC under the leadership of National PEI & EPI Focal Polio (Senior Advisor of Public Health Minister) allowing for more immediate coordination and cooperation within the government and along with stakeholders at different levels. EOCs generate quicker, better synchronized, and more effective emergency responses to the Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) Program in Afghanistan.
Monitoring and Evaluation Unit is an integral component under the NEOC structure with the overall role to assess the PEI program is achieving its set targets as describe in the program strategic document, National Emergency Action Plan (NEAP)2020. As per the expressed need, NEOC restructure the School Engagement Focal Point (Regional Level) position to strengthen the manpower of respected unit.
1) Coordinate with partners to develop and revise the related check lists and tools, guidelines, annual action plan, and quarterly post campaigns.
2) Review the entire training School Engagement Initiative Process (e.g. venue, duration, incentive, materials covered, methodology used, monitoring, and evaluation) at regional and provincial level.
3) Harmonize the initiative to coordinate between operations and communications focal persons in schools.
4) Coordinate and oversight the process of School Engagement Activities by Intra Campaign Monitors in VHRDs.
5) Lead development and implementation of the required School Engagement activities for all new interventions for regional and provincial teams.
6) Collect and analyses data and information on School engagement activities and present it to the Regional Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and implement subsequent improvements on the analyses and feedback.
7) Actively participate in post-campaign review meetings, REOC working groups, and other task teams to ensure that School Engagement activities are properly planned and coordinated with other relevant working groups/task teams.
8) Providing regular report to REOC Manager and National School Engagement Focal point after each round of SIAs on the quality of School Engagement activities of the previous SIAs and the improvement plan and subsequent action for correction.
9) Conduct field visits during campaigns to ensure the school focal persons are well trained, performing quality work, being paid, and to identify and follow up on any other issues identified
10) Perform any other responsibility assigned by the REOC manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Under the direct supervision of REMT/REOC/PEMT manager, rolling out of provincial operational plan for school engagement
• Build-up partnerships between education departments and polio team for effective engagement of schools in polio eradication program
• Maintain good working relationship within polio team and with education departments in implementation of school engagement program
• Participate in REOC/PEMT meetings, and take all suggestion and recommendation of the forum for improvement of school engagement program
• In coordination with other partners and department of education, develop a clear action plan for training of schoolteachers on school engagement program
• Conduct training/orientation of teachers and principals on engagement of schools in polio program and establishing their linkages with relevant supervisors/coordinators
• Close follow up with district coordinators/DPOs/DCOs on their coordination with schools for getting data of missed children.
• Collecting and compiling data from different districts and compiling it at provincial level.
• Based on data and information collected, development of monthly progress plan on school engagement for REOCs/PEMTs.
· Presenting and analyzing the monthly school engagement data and improvement in plan with REOC stakeholders.
· Responsible for providing official letter from education/Haj wa Auqaf departments and sharing the letters with private schools, Madrassas and kindergartens for allowing polio vaccination for children in their property.
· Increasing of social awareness of Polio program in those schools where we don’t have school engagement network.
· Keeping update profile of schools, madrassas and kindergartens.
· Keeping proper hard and soft filling system of school engagement data.
· Keeping back up of school engagement data after each campaign.
· Any other task given by direct supervisors.
a. Strong team-work and analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative data and information)
b. Ability to move in all area of the provinces with readiness and frequent visit to regional provinces and districts
a. Mandatory local language specific to the province with satisfactory knowledge of the English language
b. Basic computer skills in MS (excel, word, power point and email writing)