|Date Posted:||May 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
The School Grant Database Officer (SGDO) will Support DSMS provincial and central teams for collecting and sharing real data of School Grant Program. School Grant Database Officer (SGDO)will also be responsible for coordination, communication, reporting and follow up of School Grant Program activities with the relevant Central and provincial TAs and Tashkil staff. The TA will be based in Kabul with frequent visits to province where the EQRA is being implemented. The School Grant Database Officer (SGDO)will report to the SGPNC.
Provinces to travel:
Skills and Competencies
a. Computer Skills (professional)
b. Good communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari languages
c. Effective database Skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide support to the SGPNC for effectively implementing School Grant Program
· Ensure efficient and timely collecting data about the implementation of the School Grant Program.
Work as a key liaison between DSMS and EMIS of MoE at the Kabul level
· Perform data back-up and archival on regular basis
· Ensure data quality and integrity in databases
· Excellent analytical and organization skills
· Should be good team player
· Support and ensure proper planning and implementation of School Grant Program activities data collection.
· Facilitate administrative activities for developing of SG database at the Central, PED, DED and Schools level.
· Prepare and develop a comprehensive and complete database of all schools and the schools which have received the School Grant under EQRA
· Provide support to DSMS provincial TAs and Tashkil staff on collection of SG data in schools under EQRA.
· Support TAs and Tashkil Staff in planning and facilitating capacity building events (orientation and training) for recording and reporting of the implementation of effective School Grant activities
· Develop database with link at the School Bank Account (SBA) with the DAB system for recording the data.
· Support TAs and Tashkil staff in successful utilization of the database system.
· Closely work with TPVA on sharing data of the Implementation School Grant Program.
· Support SGPNC in preparing SGP report.
· Work closely with the MoE Internal Audit Department to conduct regular internal audit of the School Grant Program in 17 provinces
· Perform any other assignment given by the SGPNC
Coordination / Communication / Facilitation
· The incumbent should also work closely together with staff responsible for EMIS data collection so key outcomes of SGP (school enrolment, attendance, etc.) can be collected via EMIS for all 1200 schools. This also includes development and implementation of quality control procedures for EMIS data.
· Guide the 17 provinces, DSMS Central and Provincial Teams to collect School Grant Program data
· Provide support to SGPNC for strengthening the collaboration and linkages between different departments of the MoE supported by EQRA
· Represent DSMS at various meetings and forums about the database on behalf of SGPNC.
· Support DSMS provincial teams on recording the progress of opening school bank accounts of schools under EQRA.
· Coordinate and supervise database initiatives organized for 1200 SGSC in17 provinces.
· Strengthen coordination and communication of provincial teams with PEDs & DEDs EMIS focal point
· Perform any other assignment given by the SGPNC.
Reporting and Follow up
· Collect updated information from provinces on daily and weekly basis
· Manage and guide respective provincial teams to collect the data for reporting
· Support SGPNC in preparing semi-annual report on School Grant Program implementation activities,
· Provide assistance for maintaining a good record of all documents related to SGP under EQRA.
· Work closely with the MoE Internal Audit Department to conduct regular internal audit of the School Grant Program in 17 provinces.
· The incumbent should also report and respond to the SGP impact evaluation team to ensure that the SGP database includes all information required for proper evaluation of the SGP
· Any other related task assigned
· School grant related data collected and analyzed
· Monthly, bi-annual and ad-hoc reports on SGP prepared
· comprehensive and complete database developed, covering all schools under the SGP and the amount of funds received at the Central, PED, DED and Schools level
· Staff capacity developed in database running DSMS and training provided to provincial TAs and Tashkil staff on collection of data for SG in schools under EQRA.
· Developed database with linked at the School Bank Account (SBA) with the DAB system for recording the data.
· TAs and Tashkil staff supported in successful utilization of the database system.
· Data shared with TPVA and with relevant stake holders
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· At least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Database, Education and Information Technology, social science and or other related field.
· At least 4 years of relevant professional experience in a related field.
· Must have record and experience of work with International and National organizations.
· The applicant should be experienced in data management and analysis, preferably using Excel or Stata and have a quantitative education background.
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
a. The recruitment will be done through a transparent and competitive process.
2) Work conditions
a. The School Grant Database Officer (SGDO) will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s rules and regulation.
b. MoE will provide a proper work station at central MoE building.
c. The School Grant Database Officer (SGDO) will Report to Social Mobilization Director and National Coordinator Director of MoE
d. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan.
a. The initial Three months will be considered a probationary period.
b. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
c. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
d. Contract extension is subject to fund availability, organization’s need, and satisfactory performance.
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HR, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION Deh Afghanan, Gul Bahar Center, Ministry of Foreign Street, 7th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 25th May 2019, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SUBJECT LINE. THE APPLICATION MUST HAVE SUBJECT LINE INDICATING TITLE AND VACANCY NUMBER). However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters, etc. We kindly request all the applicants to mention their graduation date of the university and must clearly write the date of experiences in the CV. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.