|Date Posted:||Feb 10, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 14, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Save the Children:
Save the Children has worked in Afghanistan since 1976. We work closely with society on all levels. Almost all our staff is Afghan; we cooperate with children, parents, teachers, village councils, religious leaders, ministries and other national and international NGO. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. Save the Children is an independent non-governmental, non-profit, organisation that fights for a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We work in 120 countries worldwide.
To implement and monitor the SC school health programs in target areas
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. support and monitor community volunteers in the implementation of a community based school health program, including Child-Focused Health Education ( CFHE) ,safe play opportunities , health campaigns
2. Support the implementation of logistical requirements related to the school health project.
3. Support in the capacity building of partners (communities and government).
4. Support community committees in the implementation of the program in their communities
5. work in close collaboration with the ADB education team â€“ develop joint work plans
6. Prepare monthly report and collect stories of beneficiary that demonstrate the impact the program.
Occasional Significant Duties
1. Assist in implementation of education campaigns and school open days.
2. Assist in the implementation of activities to identify a baseline for school health interventions.
Work Experience (2 years)
ïƒ˜ Good communication and interpersonal skills