|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 20, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Government Advisory|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
Design and develop security policies of NSC in accordance with ministries and relevant economic sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plan according to the related directorate work plan in order to achieve planed goals;
2. Establish effective solutions for direct internal and foreign investments and building better coordination and relation among investors;
3. Monitor and Assess banking policies and supervise on laws prohibiting money laundering, preventing terrorism financing; track and monitor the implementation of countering economic organized crimes policy;
4. Study and track energy sector and water Dams projects;
5. Realization of natural disasters and emergencies which may result in human and economic consequences and coordination with related departments for quick response;
6. Analyze and expert evaluation of water energy information for the purpose of economic development;
7. Assessment and analysis of document related to technical committee of related departments, led by ministry of mines and presenting its results to the office of the minster;
8. Identify budget requirements, according to work plan of related department for advancement of programs;
9. Preparing monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements of the related directorates to the senior officials.
10. Manages staff under their control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standard;
11. Conducts performance appraisal for all their staff according to the requirements of the civil service law and with coordination of the HR directorate.
12. When required act as mentor for up to two participants of the MMD/MIP programs by meeting at least twice per month for the purpose of advising, guiding, assisting with problems, encouraging positive behavior, mediating in any disputes, ensuring performance appraisal is done and helping with goal setting.
13. Any of the duties as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Security Finance & Budget Analyst would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have a relevant bachelor degree from a reputed institution or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years work experience in finance & budget security or, in a related field;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.