|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Reference:||Security Guard (AKTC/19/15)|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About International NGO:
The Aga Khan Trust for Culture was founded in 1988 and is registered in Geneva, Switzerland, as a private, non-denominational, philanthropic foundation. It is an integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a family of institutions created by His Highness the Aga Khan, with distinct yet complementary mandates to improve the welfare and prospects of people in countries in the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa. Part of the wider development programme of the Aga Khan Development Network in Afghanistan, the Aga Khan Trust for Culture has since 2002 been engaged in a range of initiatives in Kabul, Heart, Balkh and Badakhshan aimed at the conservation and revitalization of historic neighbourhoods, the improvement of living conditions and the development of professional and crafts skills.
Working within AKTC team of national and International staff members and under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer/ Line Supervisor the Security Guard will have the following specific responsibilities:
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Protects project assets.
- Facilitates access to the working site for the missions and project staff who visit the office .
- Attends visitors as per agreed AKTC visitor procedures, guidelines and SOPs.
- Ensures 100% ID check of all personnel entering the compounds.
- Carries out search for all non-AKTC and project personnel and vehicles entering the gate.
- Patrols the compound as per AKTC approved schedules, procedures, guidelines and SOPs.
- Reports any suspicious items or situation in or around the compound immediately to the Line Supervisor or other project authorities.
- Follows the roster prepared by the line supervisor and project authorities
- Assists in recording arrivals and departures of goods and visitors to and from site, as required.
- Maintains the compound clean, tidy, safe and secure.
- To be constantly alert to react against threatening situations.
- Monitor and control access at building entrances and main entrances.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Three years of experience preferably with an NGO.
- Military education or services is required
- Able to read and write, High School is a plus.
- Honest and accountable.
- Surveillance Skills
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations, physically fit, and have good communication skills.