|Date Posted:||Mar 31, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 4, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About Afghanistan Rural Enterprise Development Programme:
Under the supervision of Provincial Administration officer, the security guard is responsible for:
a) safety of the office in general
b) smooth and uninterrupted functioning of the office work, c) safety checks, and reports of any event that occurs in connection with the safety of the office staff, equipments and premises.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor all incoming visitors to determine whether they should be granted admission to the premises.
- Open compound gate as soon as you hear the cars coming and close and lock them immediately;
- Be vigilante at all times - including, night shifts; (guards sleeping on duty will be terminated immediately);
- Always remain on duty till replacement has arrived;
- Make regular inspections around the office to ensure the premises are secure and to look out for unusual activities;
- Ensure that the office premises, equipment and vehicles are secure both in night and day shifts;
- Inform and maintain close contact at all times with the Provincial Admin Officer concerning the security of the Project Management office;
- Check all vehicles for explosive devices, when entering the compound;
- Prohibit non-AREDP vehicles from entering the compound or parking within 50 meters of the premises;
- Search of all vehicles entering to AREDP Provincial office;
- Search of visitors and packages entering to AREDP Office;
- Check the removal/outgoing items and ensure that paper release and documentation is completed;
- Check all AREDP vehicles parked inside the office at car parking area;
- Report any irregularities and ensure follow up security action is taken;
- Any other task directed by supervisor.
Reports to Provincial Administration Officer and accountable to AREDP Senior Management.
1. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
5 Years - subject to annual renewal extensions based on performance. There is an initial probation period of 3 months, and the initial contract will be until 31 December 2010.
- At least 2 year related work experience in an office environment preferably as a guard;
- Familiarity with using security equipment such as VHF radios;
- Familiarity with using searching equipments such as metal detector, etc...;
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development
- Reasonable knowledge of writing and reading in Dari and Pashto languages;
- Good spoken command of Dari and Pashto languages required;
- Must be extremely reliable, trustworthy, and a good team worker;
- Ability to organize and coordinate work effectively and efficiently;
- Flexible in working hours;
- Physically fit for the position;