|Date Posted:||Jun 22, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jun 27, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide education, skills and livelihoods to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 36,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity, and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 15,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
The post holder is responsible for the below tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure security and safety of staff and students in the women’s workshop.
- Ensure security of women’s workshop premises.
- Search of visitors and packages entering into the workshop space.
- Check the removal/outgoing of any items and ensure that paper release and documentation is completed.
- Report any security related information, incident and irregularities to the security department.
- Report any suspicious persons, vehicles or objects to the Security Manager
- Conduct building patrol after official hours and physically check all office doors and ensure that they are securely locked.
- Turn off/on all workshop lighting and bulbs and make sure all are in best working ordered.
- Register outdoor individual entering the workshop and if needed distribute IDs.
- Clean guards’ room and bathroom.
- Perform any other duties assigned by security manager.
- Secondary/high school education.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with national or international organizations.
- Politeness, maturity, and honesty.