|Date Posted:||Sep 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About National Democratic Institute for International Affairs:
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizens participation, openness and accountability in government.
The Staffer will be hired as Security/Operations Officer, and will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Staffer will report to the NDI Security and Operations Senior Manager.
Provinces to travel:
- Excellent written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English.
- Must be able to type in Dari, Pashto and English;
- Strong attention to the details and high level of organizational ability.
- Ability to work within a team and provide the highest possible level of professionalism.
- Good computer skills, experienced in using all Microsoft Office package
- Ability to work within a team and provide the highest possible level of professionalism;
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist managing all financial issues as recorded to NDI domestic travels;
- Coordinating with NDI-Kabul and regional staff on operations matter concerning the planning and implementation of program activities;
- Developing and maintaining relationship with relevant external organizations related to program logistics including hotels, car rental services and airline companies, etc.;
- Preparing and developing a record of travelers i.e. departure, departure time, arrival time and purpose of travel in excel form;
- Tracking and communicating with travelers during travel movements in order to confirm their safe departure and arrival;
- Assist in organizing logistics to include travel, accommodation, Per-diem and transport related costs in accordance with NDI policies and regulations;
- Assist in managing and overseeing all domestic/International travels for NDI Offices in Kabul and regional offices to support both program and administration travel needs;
- Performing all administrative aspects of travel and logistics neatly and correctly considering high quality of work;
- Assist in managing transport for NDI staff and partners in Kabul and the provinces;
- Liaison with national security authorities in Kabul and the provinces;
- Liaison with NDI Risk Management Consultants (RMC) team on NDI visitor details and make sure access procedures are complied with NDI rules and regulations;
- Assist with RMC team monitoring Guard Force, drivers, cleaners, safe room, premises and perimeter daily to ensure compliance of all checklists, policies and procedures, and reports to Security and Operation Senior Manager all findings;
- Visit all regional offices and conduct operations assessments and conduct training in absence of or in conjunction with the Security and Operations Senior Manager;
- Oversee Office Technicians in order to check all Log sheets, attendance sheets, visitor sheets and other NDI documents are being completed efficiently and correctly;
- In coordination with Transport, ensure all vehicles are serviceable and licensed with functioning tracker systems;
- Support all tasks involved with the NDI Security and Operations team and identify any assistance required by the rest of the team;
- Under the direct supervision of Security and Operations Senior Manager undertake all security and operations tasks and responsibilities;
- Perform any other tasks as requested by Security and Operations Senior Manager or his/her designees;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years experience in the related filed, experience with international organizations will be preferred