|Date Posted:||Sep 22, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Oct 1, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Terre des hommes:
Terre des hommes Lausanne (Tdh) is a Swiss child welfare foundation, provides assistance and protection to vulnerable populations worldwide. Tdh has been working in Afghanistan since 1995 and carrying out projects related to Child Protection, Access to Justice, Mother and Child Health, and Livelihood Programs in Kabul, Herat, Kandahar, Laghman, Kunar & Nangarhar provinces
The security Manager is responsible for the implementation of Tdh’s security policies. Including evaluating, analyzing, and proposing all the appropriate security and safety measures to guarantee proper risk mitigation to be able to limit the impact of incidents on the Tdh operation, staff, and goods. Ensuring the necessary security systems are in place for all premises. Formulates, revises, and ensures implementation of security strategies and plans within and outside the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews and adapts security strategies and plans as the changing situation demands.
- Ensures daily enforcement of security strategies and plans, and appropriate security behavior when necessary.
- Ensures that all staff is regularly and adequately briefed on the security situation and the procedures to be followed.
- Supports the CR in the security decisions and ensures appropriate action in the case of evacuations, hostage taking, vehicle accidents, carjacking, or any other major events affecting the security of staff.
- Limits the risks taken by field staff, using appropriate security guidelines, and ensures that individual staff members take their responsibility in this matter.
- Keeps Headquarters Security Unit staff (RISKS) informed, through CR, of key elements of field security, and manages internal and external communications in the event of serious security incidents.
- Writes security guidelines, and manages operational security procedures and responses.
- Gathers information, analyzes the context, and maintains contacts with the different national and international partners (INSO, UN, NGOs, authorities, etc…) in link with CR. Maintains a documented security network
- Carries out Security Induction for new expatriates and national staff, visitors on the security and safety plans
- Ensures daily enforcement of security rules.
- Ensures the presence of medical kits in vehicles, security stock in offices and guesthouses, etc…
- Ensures availability of safety measures and equipment (fire extinguishers in good state, evacuation alarms, evacuations routes signaling, regular drills)
- Ensures a good relationship with official authorities to be able to solve security issues, etc…
- Writes monthly Security report of the offices of Tdh in the country, to be sent to CR and Security Focal Point in HQ
- Ensures that each field site has adapted security rules.
- Ensures the availability of technical means to implement the security guidelines in the program
- Proposes changes or updates to the security guidelines according to the prevailing situation.
- Reports to CR if staff members are not following security guidelines
- Maintains functional link with the base FSOs.
Tasks relating to Security management issues:
- Supports the CR in the day-to-day context analysis and decision-making process
- Analyses the geopolitical situation and drafts possible scenarios
- Improves and keeps up-to-date security toolboxes.
- Reinforces the communication chain from the decision-making process to its implementation.
- Performs regular assessments of the bases.
- Keeps updated staff safety & security skills (expat and national) on their responsibilities and on security process (eg: drivers, expatriates, guards, etc.).
Access/Assessment, analysis & monitoring
- Analyses the political, social, economic, and security context and identifies key trends
- Performs regular security assessments on all bases.
- In close collaboration with the line manager, liaise and negotiate with relevant government, UN & NGO platforms, humanitarian actors, and other bodies, to ensure the organization has necessary access permissions to the areas of implementation.
- Closely cooperate with relevant project partners to maintain access and safety of employees.
- Maintain information network on the ground to be able to provide verified information and early warnings.
- Create regular access & safety reports and keep updated on relevant area-specific risks assessment.
- Provide technical input and advice to assessments in new geographic areas.
- Advise programs in order to ensure that Tdh, its mission, and work in the areas of operations are known and accepted (this depends on visibility and program strategies)
- Establish performance appraisals of subordinate staff.
- Prepare monthly roster for drivers guards according to Tdh rules and regulations.
- Manage to leave plan of security unit staff according to Tdh rules and regulations.
Supervise & Monitoring Staff Movements.
- Manage staff movement plan on weekly and daily bases.
- Supervise and monitor Tdh staff movement (both national and international), including clearance (staff and goods) movement from/to the field office. link with CR Approval.
- University degree of relevance for the security and safety sector
- Certified Security & Safety training (in and outside the country).
- Min.5 years of previous work experience in the field of security
- Fluency in English & local languages (Dari & Pashto) both written and verbal.
- Has good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven initiative, flexibility, and proactivity,
- Be a self-organizer and self-starter,
- Has up-to-date technical knowledge especially on context analysis and risk assessment.
- Is an effective worker, both independently and in a team unit.
- Is able to facilitate discussions with authorities,
- Has excellent networking/communication skills,
- Is result-oriented, takes initiative,
- Has the ability to work under pressure and ensure quality work with tight deadlines