|Date Posted:||Jun 30, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 13, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Economy:
I. Introduction to the Progran:
The recent wave of returnees and the growing IDP population have put an enormous pressure on Afghanistan’s inundated service delivery systems, as well as on the social, economic and physical infrastructure of the communities that host these groups. The Eshiteghal Zaiee – Karmondena (EZ-Kar) is a Project that proposes to mitigate the enormous pressure caused by the displacement crises, while also enhancing the opportunities it presents for economic development. Thus EZ-Kar fits within the international context of integrating humanitarian approaches with development. There is a strong emphasis in the project on regulatory reforms at municipal and national levels to support business owners and enhance the ease of doing business, developing market-based infrastructure, and creating short and medium term economic opportunities as well as removing impediments to their re-integration. The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to provide an enabling environment for economic opportunities in cities where there’s a high influx of displaced people. The EZ-Kar project will reach Afghan refugees living in Pakistan and citizens within Afghanistan in 13 cities in Afghanistan namely: Jalalabad (Nangarhar), Kabul City (Kabul Province), Kandahar City (Kandahar Province), Herat City (Herat Province), Puli Khumri (Baghlan), Maimana (Faryab), Ferozkoh/ Chaghcheran (Ghor), Khost Matun (Khost province), Asadabad (Kunar), Kunduz City (Kunduz Province), Mehtarlam (Laghman), Parun (Nuristan) and Taloqan (Takhar). The EZ-Kar is again an inter-ministerial approach to the displacement crises, with multiple implementing agencies (IAs) including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), the Ministry of Economy (MoEc), the Kabul Municipality (KM), and the Independent Directorate of Local Governance (ILDG).
The MoEC handles Component #5 of the EZ-Kar which includes: (a) national level regulatory reforms and (b) serving as the lead agency for the Program and thus coordinating between the four different implementing agencies for all five components. The MoEC will execute this through a Project Implementation Unit (PIU) embedded within the Deputy Ministry for Technical Affairs.
General: The incumbent will support the Operations Manager in handling and documenting all administration related activities within the PIU for the duration of the contract.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific: Support the Operations Unit to:
· Office Space: Liaison with the MoEc Deputy Ministry for Admin and Finance for proper space allocation for (a) the PIU HQ team, and (b) the City Coordinators hired by the PIU for the 12 cities. Ensure the space provided is adequate and well-arranged with required furniture and facilities;
· Fleet Management PIU Vehicles: Manage the fueling, servicing, maintenance and repairs under warranty arrangements or long term contracts of all vehicles owned and operated by the PIU.
· Contract Management Rental Vehicles: Oversee the contract implementation of the service provider for the rental vehicles contract. This will include monitoring timeliness, vehicle condition, driver behavior and performance, and other factors as outlined in the contractual terms.
· Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services: Prepare a complete list of required goods, works and non-consulting services for the PIU (including field staff) for every year, include specifications and estimated costs and provide to the procurement colleagues with the approval of the PIU Executive Director, for inclusion in the procurement plan and further procurement actions.
· Asset and Inventory Management: Ensure an updated and detailed asset registry is maintained, covering both goods distributed to the personnel and ones in stock, covering all main information on each item. Goods damaged/ missing needs to especially be noted. Formal handover of all office property from outgoing staff back to the PIU will also fall into this mandate.
· Event Management: Assist the PIU management in all logistics (venue, catering, accommodations, refreshments, local transport, VIP passes, security clearances, invitations, etc) for all special events (including but not limited to conferences, workshops, trainings, committee sessions etc hosted and/or chaired by the MoEc EZ-Kar PIU).
· Travel Arrangements: Support all personnel in the PIU for their official travel (including for trainings and including mahram support for female staff) with ticket booking, hotel bookings, visa support and visa application processing, and other arrangements.
· Afghan Documentation for International Individual Consultants: Support the PIU in obtaining the required visa support letters (for initial entry) and subsequent Afghan work permits and visas for international individual consultants contracted by the PIU.
· Support Staff Management: Manage all support staff (grades F, G and H) contracted by the PIU in terms of work management, performance evaluations, leaves etc in close coordination with the changing priorities within the PIU.
· Mail/ Pouch/ Courier: Assist the PIU staff with postal mail, pouch, courier services as required for official work purposes.
· Conduct any other duty as assigned by line manager in accordance to the applied laws and regulations.
I. Key Qualification Requirements:
Academic: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, Social Sciences, management or similar is required. (Note: Exceptionally a Bachelor’s Degree in other disciplines will also be considered provided the work experience of the candidate(s) is considered ideal).
Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years of overall work experience, of which a minimum of 3 full years in administration work is required.
· Working knowledge of all core administration areas
· Good knowledge on procurement and financial management related to administration
· Working fluency in English
· Fluency in Dari or Pashto
· Working fluency in MS Office (especially Excel)
· Ability to work under pressure and with frequency changing priorities
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
All qualified applicants are hereby requested, to send their updated CV’s, copies of educational credentials attested and
evaluated by ministry of higher education, and work experience contracts to the following emails.
Please refrain from sending extra and unnecessary documents, certificate and recommendation letters.
In case if you have any questions and or queries, please contact 0202103458