|Date Posted:||Aug 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FHI360/ NHTAP Project:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Administrative Officer for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Senior Administrative Officer will act as the point of contact for all project staff in providing administrative support and managing their queries. S/he will be responsible for office operations, procurement and travel management. S/he will need to have working knowledge of office management tools. S/He will work closely with the Program Team to ensure timely, appropriate and efficient office operations and administration.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating and managing administrative and logistical support for the Program in the office and also in coordination with the field teams; provide necessary guidance and supervision to key administrative support staff (including field staff)
- Ensures the program’s procurement process strictly adheres to FHI 360 policy including review of all procurement requests for completeness of necessary information, soliciting and reviewing quotations on local procurement items, preparing purchase orders and obtaining necessary signatures and approvals.
- Oversees and manages all travel arrangements for official domestic and international travel for staff and consultants including obtaining necessary organizational and donor concurrence/ notification, visa and hotel reservations.
- Oversees the proper filing of Program records such as Annual reports, Quarterly reports and any other important project related documents and ensure that the assigned administrative assistant is updating the records and files regularly, for the Central file system
- Implements general office procedures and guidelines to ensure smooth operation of the office work and related systems Coordinates and monitor multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure management decisions and directives are properly carried out for the timely delivery of products
· Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· Oversees provision of administrative assistance to the Project Team as needed
· Performs other FHI 360 related duties as assigned by the Associate Director- Operations as required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Master’s degree with 3 year of work experience and Bachelor degree with 5 years of
of experience in administrative and office procedures
· Extensive knowledge of logistics procedures, project administration, contract procedures and project follow-up.
· Excellent supervisory and communication skills and experience in working with group of national and international staff with different diversities
· At least five years of experience working with US Government, (USAID and others)-funded projects
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience interacting with various Ministries of the Afghanistan Government on issues of visa extensions, work permit, bank accounts and corporate registrations
· Strong knowledge and experience with office management systems
· Fluency in English and local language.
· Experience in the usage of Office package (MS Word, Excel, etc)
· Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize work.
· Ability to work effectively, both, independently and in a team unit, and supervise the entire unit