|Date Posted:||May 23, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 4, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Requires travel to provinces:
Proven leadership and managerial skills, strong written and oral communication skills in English, Dari and Pashtu, ability to undertake translation of documents,Analytical skills/ Report writing/Organization of information , preparing briefs/information pieces. Ability to coordinate different stakeholders in a complex work environment, Ability to work independently
Duties & Responsibilities:
1.Establish and maintain a donor/partner database/portfolio
2. Organize/support donor/partner portfolio review
3. Develop and update strategy, procedures and system for MoE communications with donor/partners
4. Facilitate/strengthen MoE/Donor/partners two way communication
6. Facilitate meetings between MoE leadership and donors/partners and vice versa, including high level coordination meetings
7. Provide periodic briefs/updates to me leadership and donors/partners in educational development
8. Maintain a filing system for the unit
9. Facilitate communication of issues/updates with relevant departments and programs with in MoE internally
10. Monitoring the progress of activities and follow up of minutes of meetings with the departmnets.
11. Any other relevant task assigned by the supervisor
1- Strategy, procedures and system for MoE/donors/partners' communication with in 6 months.
2- Updated donors/partner's portfolio records weekly.
3- Minutes of meetings regularly.
4- Reports/Briefs on Education development in Afghanistan and donors/partners' programs on yearly basis.
Reporting: The specialist/unit reports to the minister of education. And his/ her performance review will be done at least once a year.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
BA in International Development, Law or Public Administration, Mass Media , Communication , Journalism or any other relevant discipline. Master degree will be an asset.
Experience: Doctorate degree with 3 Years relevant experience or Master degree with 5 Years relevant experience or Bachelor degree with 10 Years relevant experience.