|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2021|
|Reference:||Senior Advisor to the Minister of Public Health on International Relations|
|Closing Date:||Aug 4, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Afghanistan health system has made considerable progress and the health indicators have also significantly improved over the period of 2003-2017. The key enablers for the improvements have seen in the health sector are strong local stewardship, development of sound and stable policy frameworks, prioritization of investments in primary care and implementation of BPHS and EPHS. The BPHS and EPHS have been implemented through NGOs in 31 and the MoPH Strengthening Mechanism in remaining 3 provinces. Sehatmandi project mainly finances the BPHS and EPHS implementation across the country for 3 years - July 01, 2018 to June 30, 2021. In order to manage the health program effectively, the project finances the system development and stewardship functions of the MoPH through support of short-term technical assistance and supports the contracted staff required for implementation of project activities.
The Senior Advisor to the minister of public health on International Relations will be responsible for supporting the MoPH in strengthening effective communication and coordination between the Ministry of Public Health, health sector partners and other line ministries.
The Advisor will report on technical issues to the minister of public health .
- To strengthen the international relation and communication with health sector partners and line ministries on routine-health service delivery and emergencies
- To facilitate the international event related to health sector
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To contribute in effective and efficient management of international relations activities.
- To assist communication and coordination activities of the MoPH with donor community, UN agencies, NGOs and other external agencies to further attract stakeholder’s cooperation with the health sector in Afghanistan.
- To facilitate the meetings of MoPH leadership with donors, development partners, UN agencies, embassies and other external agencies.
- To moderate high profile meetings of the MoPH leadership with donors, development partners, UN agencies, embassies and other external agencies.
- To participate in meetings/events/conferences of MoPH with donors/development partners, NGOs.
- To coordinate the development of MoPH policies and strategies with donors, UN agencies, NGOs and other external entities supporting health sector in Afghanistan.
- Facilitate the Technical coordination meetings among Ministry of Public Health and Health sector donors and development partners to ensure coordination and information sharing.
- Facilitate the arrangement of high level MoPH events/conferences by providing technical, communication and administrative support.
- Provide support and follow up relevant department of MoPH regarding on time payment of the service contract and provide regular update to the MoPH leadership;
- To review, amend or establish required Standard Operating Procedures concerning processing of MoUs.
- Master degree in public health
- At least 7 years’ experience in Management of Public Health
- Excellent knowledge of English Language (Written, spoken and understanding), Pashto and Dari Languages
- Good computer knowledge (MS word, Excel, and Power point).
- Good communication skills to work and deal with donors, NGOs, UN and other related organizations/people.
- Communication and coordination activities of the MoPH with donor community, UN agencies, NGOs and other external agencies to further attract stakeholder’s cooperation with the health sector facilitated.
- High profile meetings of the MoPH leadership with donors, development partners, UN agencies, embassies and other external agencies organized.