|Date Posted:||Sep 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Sep 30, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
DAI is implementing the USAID funded Musharikat project across Afghanistan, working in all 34 provinces with the goal of increasing the equality and empowerment of women throughout the country. Musharikat will provide opportunities for women’s rights activists and groups to jointly identify and carry-out discreet advocacy and public awareness campaigns designed to influence local, provincial and national public policies banning harmful social practices, advance women’s welfare and opportunities by specifically building a constituency supportive of women’s rights.
The Senior Advocacy Specialist will be responsible for
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific Objectives and Duties:
· Implementation of advocacy and communication functions in north including supporting of Musharikat advocacy working group.
· Support and maintain good working relationships with Musharikat north region coalition members, stakeholders (project partners, civil society organizations and government representative.)
· Coordinate and facilitate advocacy related activities/events according to needs & funds (events, campaigns and other program related activities).
· Support Regional Director on identifying and planning advocacy activities in coordination with IBC members and DoWA at provincial level.
· Collaborate with key partners and stakeholders, establish and deepen relationships and develop joint advocacy activities at north region.
· Support regional directors on the development of advocacy materials and messages in close collaboration with coalition members.
· Provides technical leadership in developing grant concepts and working with CSOs on implementing advocacy activities
· Help develop grant concepts and support the CSOs in their implementation
· Works with the coalition members, /Training Specialist to develop and guide implementation of the CSO sustainability plans
· Travel to respective provinces to ensure execution of program work-plan
· Provide capacity build support/trainings to Musharikat CSOs and coalition members within their regions on an as-needed basis
· Support Regional Director on communicates frequently with the Coalition leads (Objective 2 Lead) and Senior ICT & Innovation Advisor (Objective 3 Lead) in Kabul
· Other tasks as assigned by regional director
· At least five years of experience providing technical support to CSOs, NGOs or government agencies in advocacy
· Experience in government relations, policies, and procedures through work with Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan agencies
· Experience in coordination and facilitation of events, campaigns and other awareness raising activities.
· Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them.
· Experience with policy development, and in monitoring and evaluating and advocating for change/reforms
· Previous experience coordinating network of champions to support women’s issues and activities and with on-the-job coaching and mentoring
· Strong organization skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
· Strong writing skills and ability to synthesize program performance data and produce reports
· Strong networking skills
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Strong team player
The Senior Advocacy Specialist will report to the Regional Director.