|Date Posted:||Jun 30, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 31, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Lex Ferghana - Attorneys and Legal Advisers:
Lex Ferghana – Attorneys and Legal Advisers (the “Firm”), is a premiere Afghan law firm registered with Afghanistan Central Business Registry (CBR) and is one of the few corporate law firms licensed by the Afghanistan Independent Bar Association (AIBA). With qualified, experienced and dedicated lawyers, the Firm brings a combined team experience exceeding 50 years, and is best posed to serve its clients in the Afghan jurisdiction.
The Firm is a full service law firm and provides its clients complete business solutions in all areas of Afghan law including aviation, banking and finance, corporations, employment and services, health and environment, energy, immigration, media and telecommunication, transportation and logistics, regulatory affairs, licensing and registration, non-profit and international organizations, customs and taxation, and contractual obligations.
The Senior Attorney/Lawyer will provide high quality legal advice and representational services to the firm and clients across a range of practice areas and will work as a valued business partner with colleagues across the firm and its clients in order to secure and deliver effective solutions to legal issues.
Provinces to travel:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Competence as a lawyer; ability to manage heavy workload in a high-pressure environment.
· Good communication (oral and written in English as well as local languages) and interpersonal skills;
· Must be proactive in providing counsel to clients.
· Sound judgment; and ability to clearly make reasoned recommendations.
· Self-starter with good business sense and a sense of urgency, honesty and fairness.
· Good team player, calm under pressure.
· Self-confident and inspires confidence from clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Lex Ferghana – Attorneys and Legal Advisers, has an exciting opportunity for a qualified and competent attorney/lawyer to work for one of the premier law firms in the country. Details of the major duties and responsibilities are given below:
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The role of the Senior Attorney/Lawyer is a highly collaborative role and in this position he works closely with partners and other lawyers of the firm in conducting legal research, developing contracts, reviewing, negotiating and analyzing a wide array of business/corporate agreements.
2. The Senior Attorney/Lawyer manages the development, preparation, and/or presentation of legal research, memoranda, briefs, proceedings and trials at courts in Afghanistan as assigned and directed by partners of the firm.
3. The Senior Attorney/Lawyer provides substantive and procedural advice within the assigned area and responds to queries from partners and clients of the firm on matters pertaining to laws of Afghanistan with specific emphasis on, but not limited to, commercial law, corporate law, contract law, banking law, employment, investment and licensing regulations, tax law etc.
4. The Senior Attorney/Lawyer is also responsible for handling various drafting tasks, including, but not limited to complex contracts, agreements, policies etc.
5. The Senior Attorney/Lawyer independently researches, interprets, and applies legal principles of the most complex nature within the assigned work area.
6. Identifies and assesses legal risks and opportunities in matters assigned and advises accordingly.
7. The Senior Attorney/Lawyer is responsible for the timely processing of matters and task assigned and directed by partners of the firm.
8. The Senior Attorney/Lawyer is also required to assist in the training and direction of other lawyers and junior staff.
9. The Senior Attorney/Lawyer maintains adequate case, file, and related records to ensure effective completion of assignment assigned and assists in the evaluation of the work product.
10. The Senior Attorney/Lawyer stays informed and keeps partners and clients of the firm within his/her areas of responsibility informed concerning the applicable law, rules, procedures, policies, and practices relating to the functions assigned.
11. Attend meetings with clients and third parties within Afghanistan.
12 The Senior Attorney/Lawyer may perform other similar or related duties which may not be specifically included within this position description, but which are consistent within the general level of the job and the responsibilities described.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Required Education & Experience:
· Must have a bachelor of law degree (LLB) from an accredited law school. LLM and international education preferred.
· Must have a minimum of seven years of progressively responsible and pertinent experience in the practice of law with a corporate legal department or a nationally recognized law firm.
· Substantive knowledge of law, rules, decisions, practices, and procedures of courts and administrative agencies.
· Strong legal research and writing skills (in English and Dari) required.
· Strong knowledge of trial principles and techniques, principles of preparing reports, briefs, opinions, and pleadings required.
· Substantive knowledge of effective case management, investigation, and trial presentation to courts and administrative bodies.
· Communicate effectively orally before large groups of people.
· Work under pressure of short deadlines.
· Accomplished computer keyboarding skills.