|Date Posted:||Jul 10, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Accounting/Finance ,Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
About Emerging Consulting LLC:
Emerging Consulting Group (ECG) is a consulting firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan with an office in Virginia, United States. ECG specializes in accounting, financial management, tax services and financial audits. ECG works with accounting firms based in the United States and US Government agencies in supporting audit works in Afghanistan.
ECG is seeking a Senior Audit Manager for its office in Kabul, Afghanistan to support its clients on a part-time or full-time basis.
The Senior Audit Manager will take a significant role in conducting financial audits/reviews of private or government organizations based in Kabul who receives donor funds. This requires the ability to work independently and supervise a small team during planning, developing audit/review procedures, conducting field testing and drafting reports. The Senior Audit Manager will also manage the field work and assist audit Partner in writing progress reports, formal memos, and audit reports.
Requires travel to provinces:
Knowledge of US GAAP, US Government Auditing Standards and International Auditing Standards.
· Excellent communication skills including fluent in English language with strong written and verbal communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Conducting financial statements audits in accordance with International auditing standards US Government Auditing Standards
· Evaluating application of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles
· Conducting internal control assessment in accordance with OMB A-123 Internal Controls, Uniform Guidance and Single Audit Act.
· Evaluating compliance with applicable Afghan laws and US government regulations.
· Documenting audit workpaper, audit findings and recommendations.
· Preparing audit reports in accordance with International auditing standards or US government auditing standards.
· Conducting financial reviews based on statement of work and agreed up-on procedures applicable to the review engagement.
· Conducting interviews with persons responsible for performing or overseeing key business process and related controls and documenting interview notes.
· Developing written documentation of the business processes identified for review and testing.
· Completing audit work papers and writing detailed memos for each process and subprocess reviewed and tested.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Must have a University Degree in Accounting or Business and CPA, CA or ACCA qualification.
· At least 5 to 7 years of experience in performing audits or financial reviews of private or government organizations operating in Afghanistan.