|Date Posted:||Sep 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 26, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Transport (MOT):
The Ministry of Transport (MoT) is implementing various road projects in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. For implementation of the projects funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), a Program Management Office (PMO) of MoT willing to handle implementation related tasks that would include (a) procurement civil works and consultants’ services, (b) monitor the progress of day-to-day project implementation, (c) accord various approvals including approval for variations, extension of time, (including obtaining approvals of the donors,.), etc., (d) prepare progress reports (e) prepare withdrawal applications for disbursement, (f) maintain project accounts and complete loan financial records for auditing and (g) ensure compliance with various Loan and Grant covenants, etc
The Senior Bridge Engineer shall be responsible for the hydrology and hydraulic analysis required for the design of storm water structures like bridges, spillway, culverts, culvert end treatments, scour protection and culvert inlets, longitudinal drainage lined and un-lined channel, design procedures that consider factors such as rainfall intensity, catchment areas, ground cover, and run-off.
The Hydrologist/Drainage Engineer shall prepare drainage standard details, schedules and quantity calculations.
The Senior Hydrologist/Drainage Engineer shall, working with the Senior Bridge Engineer and the Senior Highway Engineer, to prepare a design that includes but not limited to:
Provinces to travel:
- Leadership quality and interpersonal skill.
- Problem solution skill.
- Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills in Engineering analysis and design combined with a proven background of technical leadership of Concrete Bridges
- Computer literate with e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of Senior Bridge Engineer will include but not limited to:
Review the already prepared 35% and 65% design
Verify and check the drawings for any missing details
Conduct a site inspection with plans in hand
Provide appropriately engineered and cost effective designs
check drainage systems with respect to the climate resilience of the road
Provisions to Enhance safety and improve access
Prepare Schedules, Bill of Quantity and Cost Estimates
Review the technical specifications for road and provide expert recommendation if deemed necessary
He/she must visit the site.
Any other task assigned by the technical deputy minister
The verification and review of the designs shall be completed in three (3) months.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Master degree in Civil Engineering with extensive working experience of the Bridge and road construction project.
- At least 5 to 7 years’ work experience in Bridge building and road construction project, preferably with international donor-funded projects, USAID, UN agencies or NGO’s on relevant programs in Afghanistan.