|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission :
TERMS OF RERERENCES (TOR)
Senior BUSINESS ANALYST
Position Announcement Reference
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Grade: NTA Grade B
Ministry / Agency: IARCSC
Job Location: Kabul
Number of Jobs: One Position
Report To: HRMIS Director
Duration of Contract : One Year with possibility of extension
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The Senior Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for documenting and analysing all business requirements such as SRS, FRS and system usage policies and manuals. The Senior Business Analyst will plan his/her activities in accordance and close coordination with HRMIS Technical team and the HRMIS Director.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
SCOPE OF THE WORK
· Documenting all business requirements such as SRS, FRS and system usage policies and manuals
· Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
· Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
· Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
· Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
· Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
· Prepare technical reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends
· Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
· Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
· Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
· Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
· Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
· Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
· A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management System or related fields.
· If bachelor degree, a minimum of 7 years, If Master’s degree, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis, management systems or a related field.
· Certificate in business Analysis is preferred.
· Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
· Software Design
· Microsoft Access and/or SQL experience
· Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
· Ability to work independently and with others
· Fluent in Pashto/Dari and English