|Date Posted:||Dec 2, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Cabinet Council passed the SOC Law within 7 chapters and 51 articles in the cabinet meeting dated 14/06/1397. So, The Ministry of Finance in particular the SOEs and SOCs Directorate General along with other stockholders is responsible for the efficient implementation of the law across the whole portfolio of 35-SOEs and 14-SOCs as soon is enacted.
As the SOC law implementation is comprehensive and contain multitasking reform process such as SOEs and SOCs Legal Status changes, Introduction of New Supervisory Board, Management Units, Updating of SOC Charters and many other Business development functions. So, there is a need for Business Development Advisor to contribute in Business Analyses and Development of the mentioned process. It is clear that capacity building and possible structural reform within the SOCs and SOC General Directorate areas of the Ministry of Finance would yield better results, both in the operations and as a contribution to mitigating the fiscal risk from the SOEs SOCs.
The Consultant is assigned to deliver broadly the required Economic commercial guidance and specifically the below duties and responsibility while working collaboratively with SOECs General Directorate as per the New SOC Law guidelines, existing material and stakeholder consultation to support SOC law implementation and decisions on a package of reforms, status change and business development opportunity for the SOEs and SOCs sectors of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Requires travel to provinces:
·Specific experience with government-owned commercial activities is desirable.
·Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English languages and working knowledge in English language is required also literacy in Microsoft Office packages and analyzing Software’s.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· The consultant would report to the SOC Director General & DM Admin and liaise with stakeholders responsible for SOCs reform and SOC Law implementation.
Advice and support in preparation commercial viability and business development strategies and guidelines for SOEs and SOCs
· Help in the Process of identifying short-term, Medium and long-term Economic and strategic goals toward business development, services delivery and investment by the new SOC portfolio.
· Advice and prepare a good business plan model for SOEs and SOCs based on international standards.
- Identify business, sectorial, Market and country Risks SOEs and SOCs Portfolio.
· Advice and support in the preparation and application of new profitable business requirements and strategies.
·Support in the evaluation of all SOEs and SOCs in the creation and implementation of Business-Plans and Economic analysis of individual SOE.
· Help in Reform of SOC General Directorate Commercial Business Development Role to fit as secretariat office for the supervisory Board.
· Support in the evaluation of the liquidation and consolidation of SOES from a commercial and business development context.
·Develop a generic budget and business plan template for the all SOEs & SOCs to prepare a realistic budget. including estimates of wage, non-wage and development expenditures.
·Lead teams to identify problems and get them solved in terms of planning, execution, monitoring and reporting DG of SOEs and SOCs.
· Advice on support on preparation of effective strategy for execution, monitoring, analysis and reporting mechanics of SOCs budget and business plan.
·Provide effective support to the SOEs, SOCs and SOEC in business and resource planning and proactively provide solutions to potential issues.
·Preparation of strategies for all types business models and PPP options which fit best SOEs and SOCs for further development.
·Develop capacity building plan of SOCs address to identified weaknesses.
·Preparing and delivering presentation to key stakeholders;
· Any other tasks assigned by the SOEC DG -MoF.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
·Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics is required, having Master degree in the mentioned related field is desirable.
·Should have minimum 5 years’ professional services in the fields of Business development and analysis in commercial entities.