|Date Posted:||Aug 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) is a self-sufficient and independent corporation established under Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s Joint Stock and Limited liability corporations’ act. This corporation changed legal entity and replaced Da Afghanistan Breshna Mosesa (Afghanistan electricity company), as a national electricity corporation on 15th of Sawr 1387 SH, in accordance with May 04, 2008. Da Afghanistan Breshan sherkat (DABS) commercially manages generation, import, transmission and distribution of the power electricity across the country.
The Senior Communication Officer will assist DABS to implement CASA communication strategy and prepare daily communication outputs for Social media, Print media, and visual media related to CASA-1000
Requires travel to provinces:
1.Proficient and Dari and Pashto language, with proven track record of high-quality writing skills;
2. Proficient in English Language, with advanced reading and writing skills;
3.Understanding and experience of Afghan media landscape;
4.Familiarity with development policies and strategies of Afghanistan;
5.High computer literacy especially working with MS Office program; knowledge of other software such as Photoshop, graphic design is a plus;
6.Information and knowledge management skills;
7.Teamwork and high social and cultural skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Communications Coordination Committee (C3), contribute to the development and implementation of the CASA-100 Communications Strategy; which include regular participation in the coordination meetings, review the communication products and material to make sure they are consistent and inline with the spirit of the strategy.
- Support CEO of DABS, Project Implementation Team (PIU), and the Communication Team of CASA-1000 in identifying/or updating effective messages, and dissemination channels to the audience to support achieving communication objectives in line to with the communication strategy.
- Ensure that all internal and external communication work and messages are unbiased, culturally considerate and gender sensitive.
· Provide guidance and inputs to the development of broadcast (TV/radio), print, online and other communication products targeted to project beneficiaries and audience in Afghanistan and specifically the communities along the CASA-1000’s Corridor of Influence (CoI), ensuring the messages are properly captured, considering cultural sensitivities.
- Work closely with the communication team, DABS CEO and leadership to identify relevant events, high profile and visibility event, engage with the stakeholders to make sure CASA-1000 is properly represented.
- Ensure that communication and publicly available information, data and statistics related to CASA-1000 that are up-to-date and accessible to the internal and external audience and stakeholders.
- Develop a media outreach plan to identify and build relations with a network of traditional and specialized media and maintain these relations to increase CASA-1000 media profile.
- Distribute info-kits and timely press releases and build internal capacity to work with media effectively.
- Support the management and strengthening of existing CASA-1000 internal communication processes and products; and if need be propose new approaches and process the improve internal communications.
- Take the lead in production of a regular newsletter for CASA-1000 that include up dated and interesting, news, success story and project data and statistics; disseminate the newsletter to specific CASA-1000 donors and stakeholders for quick updates and securing their engagement with the project.
- As required, represent CASA-1000 externally as well as be responsible for regular reporting related to communication work of CASA-100 in Coordination with Communication Committee of CASA-1000.
- Promote a CASA-1000 brand and ensure that communications activities promote an accurate image of the relevant organizations and the project amongst media and other targeted audience.
- Prepare and edit news releases, briefing notes, backgrounders, features, media talking points, question and answer documents.
- Write internal communications pieces e.g. press releases, articles, case studies, exclusive reports, etc on CASA-1000 activities and outcomes for publishing in media.
- Work with the wider communication team and proactively support the CASA-1000 website and social media channel such as Facebook , Twitter, Flickr, Google+, & YouTube and provide needed and informative content in the form of text, pictures, videos and audio, graphics and charts.
- Help improve internal information management systems of CASA-1000 Communication Component to promote internal and external communication objectives.
- Perform other tasks given by CEO of DABS and Director of PMO and actions decided by the Communication Committee of CASA-1000.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1.Master’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Social Science, or other relevant fields;
2.Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Social Science or other relevant fields with minimum of five years of relevant experience in public relations or implementing communications activities for publicly funded projects;
3.Experience in working with international organizations, especially related to refugees and returnees is desirable.