|Date Posted:||Aug 28, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FHI360/ NHTAP Project:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Community Health Program Officer for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program (NHTAP) in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Job summary :
The Senior Community Health Program Officer will be an FHI 360 employee working in and placed at the NHTAP office in Kabul. Under the guidance of the Community Health Technical Specialist, the Senior Community Health Program Officer will assist with coordination, implementation, and monitoring of related community health promotion and service provision activities across health sector partners and other target populations; and coordinating community-based care technical assistance activities with government and consortium partner teams.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Community Health Technical Specialist in the design and implementation of training programs for consortium and BPHS partner staff as and when required.
- Assisting the Community Health Technical specialist with community-based high impact clinical practice and health promotion mentorship and activity implementation.
- Closely coordinating with the Community Health Technical Specialist on setting up and maintaining internal implementation tracking mechanisms for community-based care provision activities.
- Ensuring all activities related to the implementation of community-based care and health promotion are following FHI360 and USAID rules and regulations.
- Tracking community-based clinical and health promotion activity implementation in project regions and maintaining regular contact with Provincial Government representatives and NHTAP regional teams to monitor and verify progress.
- Working with the Community Health Technical Specialist to identify obstacles to effective implementation of community-based care activities and support and assist in developing and implementing solutions to overcome them.
- Providing assistance to independent entities conducting assessments, gathering baseline and program progress data and working on case studies as requested.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; medical, midwifery, or nursing degree preferred.
- Five years of relevant work experience, including two years on community-based program implementation.
- Good understanding of clinical and community-based programming through community-level volunteers, implementation mechanisms and field monitoring.
- Good understanding of USAID rules and regulations
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work independently.
- High level of computer skills; particularly in the use of Word and Excel.
- Experience of working within in an insecure environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- High proficiency written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Dari or Pashto.