|Date Posted:||Dec 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 5, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FHI360/ NHTAP Project:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Grants & Contracts Manager for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Under supervision of the Associate Director, Grants & Contracts, the Senior Contracts & Grants Manager will develop the application selection and ongoing awardee support process guidelines collaboratively develop and manage FHI 360’s Grants & Subcontracts Unit, Innovation Fund, Prepare and issue Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotation (RFQs) and Request for Annual program statements (APS) for NHTAP project. The position will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage FHI 360 Grants & Contracts team in compliance with FHI360 and USAID regulations and Afghan law for NHTAP. Prepare and issue Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotation (RFQs), and
- Request for Annual program statements (APS).
- Conduct pre-award assessments and financial review of potential subcontracts and grants in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Manage the applications evaluation selection and award processes for Grants and subcontracts and coordinate the above functions with the respective selection committees;
- Review/evaluate bids, quotes, proposals, and applications for cost reasonableness and negotiate with potential grantees and subcontractors the details of proposals/applications.
- Participate in the strategic annual workplan meeting and coordinate with other technical staff on possible ways of implementation of grants and subcontracts based on USAID regulations and FHI 360 procedures
- Provide assistance and capacity building training to grantees and subcontractors during the application process, as well as training in grants and subcontracts management to the project staff
- Maintain overall responsibilities for pre-award assessment, award administration, post-award, and closeout of subcontracts and grants
- Manage and maintain individual grant and subcontracts budget
- As a member of the FHI 360 team, ensure implementation of project activities in accordance with FHI 360’ business code of ethics and USAID and FHI 360 policies and regulations.
- Contribute to progress monitoring and impact assessment of awarded projects with the respective parties
- Draft and negotiate grants and subcontracts complete packages on behalf of FHI 360 for USAID review and consent, where required.
- Provide control and oversight of the local subcontract/grant development, solicitation, approval, implementation, administration, and close-out processes.
- Perform regular spot audits of subcontracts and grants files to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Draft and prepare modification for all grants and subcontracts according to the terms and condition of with FHI 360 and USAID policies and regulations.
- Oversee the FHI 360 grant and subcontract files to ensure that all documentation is complete for program and audit records.
- Monitor vetting and waiver requests for grantees and Subcontracts to USAID for approval.
- Review of SFR for all Grantees and Sub-Contracts track budgets, clear all claimed costs prior to the payment
- Prepare subcontracts modifications package and review and negotiate budget re-alignments
- Provide advisory assistance to grant applicants and lead the review of grant submissions;
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies, and analyses regarding the grants program on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Ensure high standard subcontract administration
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as and when assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent in Business Administration Development Studies or related field.
· Minimum of 6-10 years’ experience in project cycle development, contracting and/or grant management position in Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) or development sector.
· Experience working in a USAID funded programs is a must
· Advanced knowledge in financial management and human resources management, contracts, procurement, and general administration areas.
· Knowledge of local NGOs working in information technology or health and knowledge of mobile technology health systems, health and nutrition, WASH, and general administration is highly desirable
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dari/Pashto fluency is highly desired.
· Outstanding presentation (including visual thru PPT) and reporting skills (oral and written)
· Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to manage and meet multiple tasks with prior leadership experience preferred.
· Willingness to travel to project sites to assess implementation progress.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team unit.