|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Aug 4, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP):
The Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a multi-pronged effort to develop and strengthen the capacity of the Afghan criminal justice sector institutions and justice professionals. JSSP is funded by the United States Department of State/Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). PAE is INL’s prime contractor responsible for implementing JSSP. Through capacity building, technical advice and direct assistance, JSSP helps the justice institutions and the justice professionals perform their respective roles in delivering fair and effective justice services to the citizens of Afghanistan. In addition to working with justice institutions, JSSP participates in a variety of projects designed to promote access to a fair and effective justice system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Act as curriculum specialist for the team, particularly focusing on providing support to other JSSP training programs.
2. Assist in developing, conducting, and evaluating training programs with all the JSSP program advisors.
3. Oversee a curriculum library of JSSP training material in coordination with the JSSP Monitoring and Evaluation unit.
4. Develop capacity of Afghan colleagues to help in transition.
5. Assist local national training and mentoring advisors with mentoring in-house trainers on curriculum development.
6. Provide regular reporting on work activities or other reports required by the project management.
7. Perform any other duties as assigned by Afghan Professional Manager and the chain of command.
1. Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred.
2. Three years of relevant experience
3. Experience in developing and implementing trainings
4. Experience in giving presentation
5. Excellent ability to use MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is required.
6. Demonstrate professional maturity and good interpersonal skills for teamwork, and good written and verbal communication skills
1. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with staff at all levels of the organization.
2. Excellent written and oral English, Pashto and Dari.
3. Excellent ability to lead and motivate small teams, with an emphasis on team work and coordination.
4. Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative analysis.
5. Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify an appropriate response to them.
6. Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload.
1. Knowledge of current curriculum development and international best practices
2. Good understanding of capacity building within Afghan justice institutions
3. Knowledge and understanding of the development sector