|Date Posted:||May 15, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The Ministry of Education (MoE) is the largest employer among governmental bodies of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, employing 65% of the civil service. In order to reach its goals and objectives, the MoE recruits employees through open competition and merit-based selection; consequently enhancing civil service capacity and strengthening the current system of governance.
Afghanistan is one of the poorest countries in the world, ranking as the 18th least developed country on the Human Development Index. According to the National Risk and Vulnerability Assessment (ALCS, 2013-14), 39% of the Afghan population lives below the poverty line. Thirty years of conflict have resulted in the destruction of the country’s education system in terms of infrastructure, resources and curricula (NVRA, 2011-12). Following the Back-to-School Campaign in 2002, school enrolment has registered a dramatic increase. In the primary and secondary sub-sector, enrolment increased from around 900,000 children, in 2001, almost all boys, to over 8.6 million in 2013, of which 39% are girls.
Despite significant progress, access to education continues to be a challenge in Afghanistan. An estimated 3.5 million children of primary school age remain out of school, the majority of them being girls (75%). A combination of demand-side, supply-side, and systemic barriers and bottlenecks have been identified as reasons for children being out of school.
Overall, the purpose of the technical assistance is to support the MoE and especially H.E the Minister of Education in achieving the results set out in the National Education Strategic Plan 2017-2021 (NESP III). This will include supporting the identification and design of new projects, proposal writing, programmatic monitoring and evaluation, and donor relationship management.
The incumbent should be able to lead project and program design, and oversight, as well as operate technically at country and or departmental level independently. The incumbent should be aware of the relevant evidence in their technical area and be able to provide sound technical advice, support, and leadership of technical discussions.
Provinces to travel:
a. Demonstrated skills of data analysis, statistical methodologies and software
b. Preparation of reports and formal presentations.
c. Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
d. Maintains confidentiality of data and respects data dissemination policies
e. Good networking and teamwork skills
f. Strong writing and communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
The key tasks of the senior Data analyst are as follows:
1. Development of tools, guideline and statistical procedures for data collection, cleaning, verification, analysis and reporting
- Support development of policy/strategy of data management for MoE.
- Develop and finalize data collection tools and guidelines in participatory manner
- Improve and develop the functions and procedures required for standard data collection, cleaning, verification and analysis.
- Develop procedures for transforming data into useful information including graphical representation.
- Develop standard formats for the dissemination and reporting of useful required information
2. Support the development/ modification of system development
- Support in system requirement gathering and information systems’ design process
- Support the process of information systems integration, development and deployment.
- Support in the reporting interface design process
- Introduce the use of statistical computer applications in data analysis.
- Design standard reporting templates for automatic reporting systems of the EMIS.
- Support application of controls/validations during data entry, processes and reporting.
3. Support the development of analytical statistics report
- Design and development of standard statistical and analytical reports.
- Support the development of education national and international indicators.
- Analyze MoE data and information needs in relation to MoE, national and international indicators
- Support the development of the data analysis system including online GIS-Atlas system.
4. Capacity building
- Support the data processing capacity of the EMIS staff and systems by bridging the gap between the staff and the data storing software.
- Assess in house data analysis capabilities and prepare full scale capacity building and skills
- Work closely with the data analysis and Monitoring Units and improve the capacity within the units.
- Identify and implement national and international standards to enable smooth data sharing among education partners and government ministries
- Identify, gather and incorporate external datasets into the MoE data repository
- Working closely with NSIAand other organizations for data sharing.
- Support to the data management policy/strategy development provided
- Data collection tools and procedure reviewed, developed/revised
- Annual Statistics report prepared
- Statistics analytical data prepared and shared for policy and programming purposes.
(#) of staff trained in data analysis
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
a. Bachelor or master’s degree in the Economics, Business Administrative
a. At least 3-4 Year of experience in the relevant area.
· Personnel management skills. An ability to delegate, follow up, supervise, and support.
· Fluency in spoken and written English as well as Dari or Pashto (essential).
· Ability to work in a team as well as under own initiative (essential).
· Tact and diplomacy at all times (essential).
· Understanding of the Islamic faith and Afghan culture.
Commitment to Afghanistan’s development.