|Date Posted:||Oct 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Nov 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Telecommunication ,Data Management|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||2 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanistan Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (ATRA) is the independent regulator of the telecom sector. It is responsible for implementing the Telecommunications Sector Policy and enforcing the provisions of the Telecom Law. ATRA strives to create an enabling environment for the private sector to invest in developing telecom and Internet infrastructure and services. ATRA aims to achieve an enabling private sector-backed telecom market and services in Afghanistan through creating and enforcing regulations, applying standards, providing universal access to the services, regulating the market, overseeing and fostering competition in the telecom market-- all in a non-discriminatory and transparent manner. ATRA works closely with its stakeholders, the private sector, government entities and end-users and telecom services recipients to improve the level playing field in the telecom and Internet domains in Afghanistan.
ATRA through its contractor is developing a Realtime Data Management System (RTDMS) in order to ensure transparency on 10% TSF (telecom service fee) collection and telecom sector revenue.
The incumbent candidate for Senior Data Analyst will support ATRAs leadership, RTDMS team, mobile network operators and other stakeholders with insights gained from analyzing RTDMS data. The candidate must have strong skills in using and operating large scale data to look for opportunities in finding patterns including trends, anomalies, and frauds. The Senior Data Analyst will provide insight that will help with valuable informed business decisions. The candidate must have strong hands on experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods using a variety of tools. They must be comfortable in working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Identify valuable data sources and support in automation of the data collection processes
● Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
● Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
● Present information using data visualization techniques
● Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging RTDMS data to drive business decisions
● Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
● Mine and analyze data from RTDMS databases to optimize and improve organizational strategies.
● Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
● Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
● Collaborate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
● Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
● Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze data accuracy
● Implement statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific analysis or models
● Any other task assigned by the supervisor
● Minimum Bachelor's degree required, in Data Sciences, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or any other related field. Or degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics with practical experience and certification in the aforementioned fields.
● Familiarity with the following software/tools:
○ Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, Scala etc.
○ Knowledge of creating and using machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
○ Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
○ Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MongoDb, MySQL, etc.
○ Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: R, Python, Tableau, etc.
● Certificate in big data and analytics is a plus.
● Strong mathematical and analytical skills are essentials
● A minimum of 4 years’ experience in data management or analysis with Bachelor’s degree or 2 years’ experience with Master’s degree.
● Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (e.g. collection, analysis, distribution etc.) Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development
● Critical thinking and problem-solving skill for interpreting data
● Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, Scala etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
● Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
● A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
● All applications (CVs and cover letters) should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please, clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
● The deadline for submission of the application is: November 03, 2020