|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 25, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Quality Control (QC)|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||3 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Kabul Municipality:
The Kabul Municipality (KM) has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Kabul Municipal Development Project (KMDP). That builds upon the now closed Kabul Urban Reconstruction Project (KURP) which financed upgrading similar to the works envisaged under the proposed project.
The World Bank is supporting government of Afghanistan to enhance social protection for poor and vulnerable people during the current “relief” phase of the COVID-19 crisis through REACH project. REACH project is designed to deliver the emergency social protection to the population catchment that is proportional to the likely size of the COVID-19.
The REACH project will provide household support based on the geographic coverage of three different implementing agencies already managing relevant projects (CCAP, EZ-Kar, and KMDP)
The REACH project targets all households in Afghanistan with incomes of US$2 per day or lower, twice the national poverty line. The broad coverage, covering an estimated 93 percent of targeted communities, is required to assist households to withstand the impacts of the temporary disruptions to daily economic lives caused by the COVID-19 crisis and to encourage them to follow the social distancing norms.
The REACH comprises approximately two-thirds of the country. The remaining areas will be covered under the CCAP. Communities here refer to a combination of CDCs and Gozar Assemblies/Councils who will be the locus for implementation delivery of the Project.
Under the direct supervision of the MIS Unit Head, the Senior Data Quality Assurance Officer will be primarily responsible for checking the quality, availability, and accuracy of all the forms, and other data entering to MIS system, and the officer needs to reject all the data which have any flaw on daily bases, and make sure to receive back the correct form of the rejected data.
The data quality assurance officers will also be responsible for monitoring and directing data quality assurance team and generating different required analytical reports from the MIS data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and closely monitor database, data quality and reporting relevant activities within the team.
- Manage and monitor data quality assurance team at central and provincial level.
- Ensure that the project proposals, and other data received from the field are complete, valid and technically acceptable.
- Ensure that the data entered in the database is reconciled and is cross-checked with the physical forms.
- Assess the current workflow mechanism and technical problems of MIS, and provide recommendations to the Management Information System (MIS) team to improve the system.
- Verify the forms regarding for its data validity, completeness and data requirements according to the data verification procedures.
- Provide technical support and trainings to provincial and central MIS team on data entry, accuracy, availability, and quality.
- Quickly respond and provide solutions to MIS problems at central and provincial level.
- Prepare different kind of analytical reports on daily, weekly, quarterly and annual bases from the MIS data from time to time.
- Verify the system data, and strongly communicate the problems and mistakes with relevant responsible staff at central and provincial level on daily bases.
- Field visits needs to take place, for data accuracy check, and provide technical support to all field offices when needed.
- Overall database data quality assurance and verification.
- Provide trainings on correct, on time and complete data entry to central and provincial staff.
- Any other related task assigned by the Management.
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, Information Technology, Computer Application, Software engineering or any other related field; Master’s degree will be an added competency.
- 5 years of related experience including practical experience of software, web and database development.
- Computer Skills: Strong knowledge of Database and reporting, including ASP.Net Web Forms, Database (SQL, SQL Server, MySQL).
- Languages Skills: Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto
· Communication Skills
· Good writing skills
· Time Management
· Strong analytical and logical skills
· Well organized and proactive approach to work
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Highly motivated for his/her professional and academic improvement
· Ability to take constructive feedback
· Problem-solving skills
· Professional work ethics