|Date Posted:||Apr 9, 2017|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Senior Economic Advisor to Policy Deputy Minister|
|Closing Date:||Apr 22, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is seeking an Afghan national for the post of Senior Economic Adviser in the Office of the Deputy Minister, Policy and Programs. The Senior Economic Advisor will be responsible to the Deputy Minister, Policy and Programs and will work closely with other advisers and colleagues in the Ministry on a range of programs and activities to address the challenges and opportunities for the sustainable development and governance of Afghanistan’s mineral and hydrocarbon resources and extractive industries in line with international best practice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan on Economic Advisory of all MoMP/Policy and Programs Deputy Ministry Authority activities.
2. Provide advice and support in all matters related to the economic development of the extractive industries in Afghanistan
3. Assist in the drafting and revision of technical documentation
4. Undertake assigned research relating to the economic development of the extractive sector
5. Monitor economic issues affecting the extractive sector worldwide
6. Undertake collaborative work with other advisers and Ministry colleagues on a variety of projects
7. Performing any other tasks assigned by the Policy and Programs Deputy Minister on the basis of laws, regulations and objectives of organization.
Master’s degree in economics, development economics, public administration, international development, or a related field
Work experience in Afghanistan
At least 5 years’ experience in the public or private sector related to the field
Experience of project-based work
Ability to review and contribute to policy and strategy development
English language skills
Time management skills
Good communication skills
Office administrative and computing skills
Flexibility and enthusiasm
Ability to participate in discussion and operate as part of a multinational team
S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in Dari, Pashto and English.
Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, hardworking and interpersonal skills
S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.
organizational and planning skills
information gathering and monitoring skills
problem analysis and problem solving skills
judgment and decision-making ability
attention to detail and accuracy