|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Oct 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ghazanfar Group:
The late Al-Hajj Abdul Ghafar Ghazanfar laid the foundation for the group. Many of the businesses that the group has opened or is currently running were all his vision of growth, innovation, development and prosperity. The group has many subsidiaries, which are involved in the following industries: 1. Oil and Gas 2. Crude Oil Refinery 3. Fuel Storage 4. Banking 5. Construction 6. Trading 7. Logistics 8. Mining and Media 9. Industrial The group's progress has been steady over the past few years; the constant rise in the revenue from petroleum and other businesses is proof of the group's progress. We have opened many offices locally and internationally, and are spreading our operations by incorporating into new industries and synergizing our subsidiaries to give us an efficient and profitable result. Through our actions we are able to offer employment for the youth of Afghanistan and also train them to learn and prosper throughout their career. We take it upon ourselves to ensure that everything should be done for the improvements of the living standards of Afghan citizens. One of the group's goals is to bring foreign investment in Afghanistan and to increase the standard of quality and performance. We also try to raise the benchmark for performance and quality among our competitors so that a competitive environment is created which would benefit the public and would give us a reason to pursue a higher quality standard. We constantly review our strategy and work on introducing measures, which would help our clients and us both. The group has a main office in Mazar-e-Sharif from where they direct all the workflow. All the information from the group's activities are sent and recorded in the Mazar Office. As the group's recent business ventures and activities are spreading throughout Afghanistan, another office has been made operational in Kabul. The group is getting ready to introduce itself in many other industries like Oil Refinery, Metal Smelting, and Foreign Investment for prospective clients.
The officer shall be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the company’s various taxes. He should have the knowledge of Afghanistan taxation environment, income tax law of Afghanistan and ensure management of the company’s tax obligations and liabilities within the statutory deadlines.
Provinces to travel:
· Having experience of making Financial and Audit Reports
· Having experience of filling tax return forms.
· Knowledge of MOF and Revenue Software.
· Knowledge of Afghanistan’s Tax/Revue and income Laws and Procedures.
· Good Technical, Organizational skills and Interpersonal skills
· Provide flexible and effective solutions to challenging situations
· Able to work independently, in a team and under pressure.
Note: Candidates who has worked in MOF and related departments will have priority.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensuring correct calculation and timely payment of BRT, WHT, Corporate and other taxes.
2. Ensuring timely filing of tax returns.
3. Fill the tax forms and Izharnama correctly, timely and submit it to tax/revenue department of MOF to avoid penalties and any other complication.
4. Ensuring timely tax clearance from tax/revenue department of MOF.
5. Completion of quarter and annual tax reports.
6. Ensuring tax laws, rules and procedures are properly followed by all the unites/areas of Ghazanfar Group
7. Collection of Accounting data and its analysis (Verification with physical documents. Ensuring proper accounting, preparing audit required schedules and breakups).
8. Preparing responses to queries from government ministries and departments on submitted reports (including tax/revenue department of MOF) and any other tax related issues.
9. Implementing financial controls and ensures accuracy of tax reporting.
10. Preparing Financial Statements for Company.
11. Recommend tax planning strategies in accordance to the company business objectives.
12. Close liaison with the finance and other departments of Ghazanfar Group for gathering of financial data relevant to the taxation.
13. Liaise with internal and external auditors for the company’s tax assessment.
14. Regular reporting to the Higher Authorities regarding tax and revenue.
15. Regular review of the company tax policy and procedures and making updates and improvements where necessary.
16. Other tasks assigned
Job Location:Afghanistan, Balkh
· At least Bachelor degree in Economics (Finance and Banking), accounting, Finance, or a related field from an accredited college or university. (Masters are preferred)