|Date Posted:||Jul 25, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Roots of Peace:
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization whose mission is to rid the world of landmines and other remnants of
war by transforming toxic minefields into thriving farmland and communities through a focus on sustainable, organic
farming practices. Roots of Peace is implementing the Commercial Horticulture & Agricultural Marketing Program
(CHAMP) in Afghanistan funded by USAID.
This role is responsible for providing the resource and expertise to deliver the core daily, weekly, monthly and annual finance and support tasks in compliance with USAID and organization policies, regulations and directives. This position participates in discussions and decision making relating to the principal team
Provinces to travel:
· Proficiency in complex accounting systems and advanced level MS Excel skills
· Excellent solution-based management and analytical skills.
· Fluency in English (working language), and language skills in Pashto and Dari required. Sensitive to cultural and gender issues, capable of working both independently and within a team on tasks with short deadlines.
· Knowledge management, finance and compliance experience.
· Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills, including presentation skills – in local and English languages
· Focuses on results and program achievement.
· Strong sense of personal initiative and problem-solving skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a primary link between the Finance and Program & Operation to ensure communication and coordination on financial management related issues.
- Overall responsibility of the project’s financial management, working closely with procurement and programs team to support financial stability, project viability, consistency with agreed plans and actual implementation.
- Provides financial analyses and makes recommendations to the Director of Finance on the financial feasibility of implementation alternatives.
- Update regarding the current policies, processes and systems necessary to effectively manage the organization’s financial and administrative operation.
- Ensure all compliance practices are implemented based on up to date USAID and organization regulations.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; analyze progress, prepare financial outlooks and financial forecasts and keep Director of Operations abreast of any changes.
- Assist in preparing the project budgets and financial reports.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing of monthly and quarterly reports to the home office and donors.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Utilize current transaction and financial systems and make recommendations for ongoing improvements in functionality as required and ensure staff adhere to recommended practices and procedures.
- Oversee advance receivable and accounts payable.
- Provide oversight on bank reconciliation and employee expense reports.
- Oversee and review the Tax reporting and tax payment on monthly basis with senior accountant complying with Afghan Income Tax Law.
- Prepares monthly projection and follow up closely with the relevant department to ensure disbursement occurs as projected.
- To review Procurement Contracts and aware of clauses around payment terms, deliverables, penalty and closure of contract requirements for processing the payments.
- Analyzes expenses and revenue to actual posted.
- Assists in the preparation and review of budget realignments, narrations, and justifications.
- Generates monthly project accruals.
- Works collaboratively with operation and program staff on monthly and quarterly forecasting
- Assists with monthly project financial reporting, and various ad hoc reports Assists with monthly close process.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor's Degree with 7 years relevant experience