|Date Posted:||May 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||May 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||7|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||8 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Cabinet Council passed the SOC Law within 7 chapters and 51 articles in the cabinet meeting dated 14/06/1397. So, The Ministry of Finance in particular the SOEs and SOCs Directorate General along with other stockholders is responsible for the efficient implementation of the law across the whole portfolio of 35-SOEs and 14-SOCs as soon is enacted.
As the SOC law implementation is comprehensive and contain multitasking reform process such as SOEs and SOCs Legal Status changes, Introduction of New Supervisory Board, Management Units, Updating of SOC Charters and many other Financial and accounting functions. So, there is a need for Finance Advisor to contribute in Financial and Accounting issues of the mentioned process. It is clear that capacity building and possible structural reform within the SOCs and SOC General Directorate areas of the Ministry of Finance would yield better results, both in the operations and as a contribution to mitigating the fiscal risk from the SOEs SOCs.
The Consultant is assigned to deliver broadly the required Financial and Accounting guidance and specifically the below duties and responsibility while working collaboratively with SOECs General Directorate as per the New SOC Law guidelines, existing material and stakeholder consultation to support SOC law implementation and decisions on a package of reforms, status change for the SOEs and SOCs sectors of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
· The consultant would report to the SOC Director General & DM Admin and liaise with stakeholders responsible for SOCs reform and SOC Law implementation.
· Specific experience with government-owned commercial activities is desirable.
· Candidates with a proven track record in supporting the implementation of a new FMIS – especially the deliverables listed above – will be preferred.
· Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English languages and working knowledge in English language is required also literacy in Microsoft Office packages and analyzing Software’s.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifying priorities and prepare action plan for finance and accounting guidelines and tasks to support SOC Law Implementation and each single steps of SOEs Legal Status Change process such as Assets Revaluation, Accounts Settlement, final accounts preparation.
- Help in doing financial analyses of the portfolio in Specifying strategic, viable and profitable sectors for new SOCs.
- Supporting consultations with stakeholders on Financial Accounting Supervision and Fiscal Risk aspects SOEs and SOCs Portfolio.
- Conduct an assessment of current financial practices in SOE, finding gaps, and support the development of a training practical strategy.
· Advice and support in the preparation and application of new structure accounting systems according to IFRS and other Accepted Principles (GAAP).
· Advice and Prepare financial statement analysis and financial control system for SOEC to enable automatic monitoring of SOEs and SOCs Financial transactions.
· Standardization of a generic chart of accounts for the SOCs & SOCs and tightened for the individual groups of SOEs
· Identify and advice appropriate Financial Management Information System (FMIS/ERP).
· Help in Reform of SOC General Directorate Financial Supervision Role to fit as secretariat office for the supervisory Board.
· Support in the evaluation of the liquidation and consolidation of SOES from a financial point of view.
· Perform regular analysis on all exceptional reports and identify problem transactions/irregularities and resolve problems in a timely and effective manner.
· Develop capacity building plan of SOCs address to identified weaknesses.
· Preparing and delivering presentation to key stakeholders;
· Any other tasks assigned by the SOEC DG -MoF.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Must have certification in ACCA or MBA Finance from Recognized University.
· Must have carried out minimum 7 years’ professional services in the fields of financial accounting, costing, Managerial accounting, budgeting, Financial analysis and reporting in commercial entities.