|Date Posted:||Jan 5, 2020|
|Reference:||MoMP/DGHR/NPPSM-Senior Gas Projects Specialist|
|Closing Date:||Jan 18, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Senior Gas Projects Specialist is responsible for Provide leadership, support and guidance to MoMP, the provincial and district teams on the implementation of MoMP activities and seek to develop their capacity and skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the administrative, Human Resource, Finance and Procurement responsibilities are being exercised effectively.
- Coordinate and supervise, in implementation of the hydrocarbons projects i.e. Oil & gas wells in Yatimtaq Field and assist geoscientists team in providing information and recommendations.
- Coordinate and oversee all project activities from conceptual design to post-construction close out, quality assurance and controls (QA/QC) of engineering deliverables.
- Prepare bid documents, including scope definition, engineering specifications, construction specifications, permits and its conditions, schedule and site specific requirements.
- Obtain and evaluate all available data for project area (surveys, utility mapping, roadway mapping, planned projects, etc.) to determine areas of conflict, to minimize the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum (MoMP) financial exposure.
- Conducts project-specific meetings with both in-house personnel and Clients, as needed.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of contractual invoicing, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments for major buys to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Coordinate in Pipeline routing selection, including analysis, alignment, design/modeling, creation of Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) & Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID).
- Coordinate and provide direction for budget development, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost, and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project.
- Ensure that a close and mutually beneficial working relationship is maintained and developed with MoMP, the Provincial Governor, District Governor, the Afghan Gas Enterprises (AGE) MoMP along with other development agencies and communities;
- Assist and manage MoMP operations and core activities in MoMP, provinces, advice and overseeing the activities of MOPM projects.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to MoMP, the provincial and district teams on the implementation of MoMP activities and seek to develop their capacity and skills.
- Undertake any additional tasks and responsibilities may assign by management.
- Senior Gas Projects Specialist will report to DG Hydrocarbons Resources.
· Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
· Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
· Awareness of safety in the design, construction, and operation of facilities/plants.
· Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
· Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
· Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
· Report and escalate to management as needed
· Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
· Perform risk management to minimize project risks
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Required Education degree:
· Bachelor degree in management, Economics or other relevant field, Master degree in management, Business management or a related work area from a recognized university will be highly preferred.
· Master Degree with 5 year relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree with 7 years relevant experience.
· Proven working experience as a project administrator in the Gas and energy management projects.
· Candidate must have knowledge of management skills in Oil & Gas Projects, procurement.
· Good leadership, Communication and inter-personal skill, with demonstrable ability to motivate others.
· Fluent in English and the national languages of Afghanistan
· Computer literate with a working knowledge of MS office.
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
· Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member
· Professionalism in appearance and demeanor, and willingness to enhance knowledge though training and personal initiative