|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2019|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Senior Geology Advisor to MoMP Minister|
|Closing Date:||Apr 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Senior Geology Advisor to Minister is responsible for providing advice and support in all matters related to geology mineral exploration and mining research on relating to the economic development of the extractive sector focusing on geological information system.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on geological information to streamline the geological activities extractive industry
2. Provide advice and support in all matters related to geology mineral exploration and mining
3. Undertake drafting and revision of technical documentation relating to the extractive sector and geological information management
4. Undertake research relating to the economic development of the extractive sector focusing on geological information system.
5. Undertake collaborative work with other advisers and Ministry colleagues on a variety of projects including geological information management
6. Provide specialist support to Senior Management attending conferences and meetings related to geological information management
7. Undertake capacity building of Ministry staff as required
8. Performing any other tasks assigned by the minister on the basis of laws regulations and objectives of organization.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
University degree in Mines and Geology and Petroleum Geology or related subject; Master’s preferable.
10 Years of experience in mining sector or any other relevant filed with bachelor degree and 5 years of related experience with masters degree required.
Contract tracking and management systems.
Ability of Training processes and techniques.
Supervisory practices, principles, and methods.
Maintaining an established work schedule.
Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.