|Date Posted:||Nov 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Fiscal Performance Improvement Project (FPIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for hiring of an Individual Consultant for the position of Senior Procurement and Contract Management Specialist.
The FPIP/FSP is organized around four complementary investment components supporting Government-executed technical assistance, capacity building, and IT infrastructure. The FSP is designed with greater flexibility in allocating investment resources where they are needed. Funds unspent in one department could be shifted to another (within and across components) through changes in the activity and procurement plans, which would be updated regularly. This in-built flexibility is significantly greater than in previous PFM projects.
Government is working on a major review of security sector expenditures, with World Bank support. The review is targeting total savings of over US$1.039 billion over four years. The selected consultant will support this review.
· Should have strong analytical skills.
Strong communication and coordination skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Government is working on a major review of security sector expenditures, with World Bank support. The review is targeting total savings of over US$1.039 billion over four years. The selected consultant will support this review and undertake:
· Development of necessary recommendations based on budgetary and financial analysis.
· Data Analysis;
· Provide necessary recommendations on potential saving areas;
· Other relevant tasks as may be assigned by the Deputy Minister.
· Evidence-based expenditure analysis and review reports of key ministries, including: Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Interior, and possibly including additional large ministries;
· Analysis report of key PFM systems and processes in large ministries, with a focus on identifying potential savings and managing risks;
· Identification and assessment of potential savings measures;
· Cost-benefit analysis of major projects being pursued by key ministries.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The incumbent will advise the Deputy Minister of Administration.
· 5 Years of relevant Experience.
· Excellent Communication skills.
· At least bachelor degree in Economics.
· Fluency in National Languages and English.