|Date Posted:||Jul 24, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 6, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve the execution of the budget, strengthen and increase the use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
HRMIS/Personnel Database is a comprehensive system that covers the entire HR functions and sub-functions (from hiring, performance appraisal, capacity building, retirement or firing, etc.). The system would be integrated with the payroll and e-attendance of the MoE employees at the central and provincial level
The Senior HRMIS/Personnel Database Consultant will assist in the development and implementation of the HRMIS/Personnel Database, identify the MoE requirements from the system, and bring modifications based on the MoE requirements. He/She will be responsible to ensure the maintenance and updating of the HRMIS/Personnel Database at the central and provincial levels.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Conduct an assessment to identify the MoE requirements from the HRMIS system.
2. Develop HRMIS implementation manual and plan.
3. Coordination with HRMIS section head, communication with the IARCSC on modification of the HRMIS if required.
4. Assist in the modification of the HRMIS with the IARCSC.
5. Follow up with the IARCSC on HRMIS modules to become fully functional.
6. Travel to all provinces for checking system data quality and consistency with the HRMIS section head.
7. Ensure system maintenance at the central and provincial levels.
8. Ensure the system is updated at the central and provincial levels.
9. Ensure the security of the system to make the data more consistent.
10. Coordinate and assist with the IARCSC to fix the system errors.
11. HRMIS Section Head and Senior HRMIS/Personnel Database Consultant will evaluate the performance of the staff and conduct training need assessments.
12. Provide on-time communication with the World Bank, IARCSC, and other stakeholders.
13. Provide a narrative report of the system to the World Bank and satisfaction of the improvements of the system to all related stakeholders.
14. Ensure system implementation, maintenance, and updating.
15. Provide timely users support and troubleshooting which includes online support, password resets, user administration, user rights management, account amendments & workflow management.
16. Develop training materials, tools and deliver training to Provincial HRMIS Officers at the provincial level on all sorts of data (Biometric and biographic).
17. Set up new modules in Provincial Education offices.
18. Ensure that clean and accurate biometric and biographic data are entered into the HRMIS system.
19. Provide regular reports on biometric and biographic data to the HRMIS department.
20. Raise issues, suggest changes, and input on suggested system changes to improve user experience on the system.
21. Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools, and new approaches, with a focus on innovation in HRMIS
22. Reports and official letters including attendance timesheets of HRMIS provincial officers should be collected with the coordination of the HRMIS section head.
23. Provide monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to the HRMIS department.
24. Perform any task assigned by the related department.
1. Implementation and functionality of HRMIS at central and provincial levels
2. Provide System maintenance support to the technical team
3. Give useful consults to MoE and IARCSC colleagues to enhance the system effectiveness
4. Provide technical support for biometric and biographic data collection
5. Coordination with HRMIS section head, keep close working relation with IARCSC HRMIS team for the smooth implementation of the system.
6. Establish an effective communication channel with the IARCSC, World bank, and other stakeholders.
7. Identify the areas for improvement.
8. HRMIS Strategy and a policy implemented
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Applications, (Master degree preferred)
- At least 7 years of relevant experience with a bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience with a master's degree.
- Stringently technical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
- Able to working dependently or as a team member.
- Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto and English is required.
- The initial 3 months will be considered a probationary period after which a formal evaluation will be conducted before the assignment is confirmed.
- A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the HRD and HR department.
- The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
- The Senior HRMIS/Personnel Database Consultant will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulations.
- MoE will provide a proper workstation at the central HR building.
- The Senior HRMIS/Personnel Database Consultant will report to the HR General Director.