|Date Posted:||Nov 30, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Dec 6, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About University Reasearch Co.,LLC Health Care Improvement HCI:
The USAID-funded HCI-Afghanistan Project goal is to develop the improvement capability in the health sector in Afghanistan. URC-HCI proposes to do so through working with counterparts in the MOPH, PPHDs and NGOs providing services in order to adapt and apply the Science of Health Care Improvement, including the Improvement Collaborative Approach, to bring about significant and rapid improvement in health outcomes for patients in Afghanistan.
In year one, the HCI Afghanistan project has launched an improvement initiative in three demonstration provinces to improve quality of maternal newborn services at community (health post) and facility levels (BHC, CHC, DH, RH, NH) in the Kabul, Kundoz and Balkh provinces. Project is planned to expand from time to time in the country according to the expansion plan. HCI project also support MoPH in taking leadership steps toward improving quality of health care and has already started to support financially and technically the unit for improving quality of health care in the Ministry of Public Health.
To support health care improvement efforts and activities at national level HCI project is intended to support the design and publication of a news letter; â€œHealth Care Improvementâ€. This issue will be released on quarterly bases and will have a focus but not limited to the following types of topics.
â€¢ Technical informative lines about quality and quality of health care
â€¢ Efforts undertaken and updates of quality of health care happened at national MoPH level.
â€¢ Progress made in field activities of health care Improvement project
â€¢ Success stories talking about health care improvement
â€¢ National and field level activities of MoPH partners lead to or can affect quality of health care
â€¢ Sharing of events calendarâ€”HCI programs and events
HCI project is pleased to host this initiative and support MoPH unit for improving quality of health care, IQHC in the first phase of publication of the news letter. The newsletter will be handed over later to the unit when it gets the capacity to handle this.
The contents of the newsletter will be collected by HCI project in collaboration with Unit for improving quality of health care in the MoPH. HCI will hire a Senior Officer for this purpose. The collected contents will pass a technical review of a committee in health promotion department of MoPH where the materials will be finalized and sent to publication. The issue will be organized in English first and will be translated to national languages. Dari and Pashto issues will be published for dissemination and English mother copy can be disseminated electronically to the English speakers and senior officials.
The Officer will assist HCI project and MoPH IQHC unit in collecting materials and contents, coordinate among unit, HCI project and health promotion department and facilitate hand over of the finalized materials to publication. He/she will have the following main duties as a full time staff:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Following are the expected specific task to undertaken by the Senior Improvement Officer for Publication and Communication:
1. Coordinating, compiling and writing reports
2. review all the produced materials and edit it accordingly
3. make sure that all the presentations, templates and materials match URC and HCI rules and regulations
4. Help staff connect to URC and related websites
5. Manage video conferences
6. review all the materials produced by HCI Afghanistan before release
7. coordinate all printing related tasks undertaken by the URC
8. Coordinate all media related activities
9. Help organize events
10. Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
News letter related specific tasks:
11. Facilitate the process of designing the first issue of QI newsletter with MoPH health promotion department.
12. h Collect materials, technical information, progress update and any reportable items and prepare rough collection of contents for newsletter in coordination and collaboration with MoPH unit for health care improvement and HCI project teams
13. Review the collected items to avoid any duplication or discrepancy, sort it, and organize the contents to make a rough package of materials for technical review
14. Share the collected package of information with involved parties to ensure that exact and correct item has been delivered for publication.
15. In collaboration and coordination with HCI project team and IQHC unit of MoPH communicate with MoPH health promotion department for technical review of the package prepared. Note any comment, recommended change etc. coming from committee and ensure to adapt the package materials accordingly.
16. Share the reviewed package with involved parties with changes if there are for final check-up
17. Coordinate translation of finalized issue in national languages, ensue and accuracy and proof reading
18. Assist HCI project operation staff in communicating and coordinating publication agencies to produce quality of publication
19. Make a distribution list of partners and facilitate dissemination of published issues together with HCI logistic team.
20. Any other assistance required in collecting and finalizing items, translation and publication of the newsletter required
21. Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
22. Develop the newsletter
23. Help in writing and formatting strategy for improving quality in health care.
The officer will report to the Chief of Party at the beginning. Later the person will report to Coordinator of the Unit for Improving Quality in Health Care within the MoPH.
â€¢ Graduate from a recognized university in social sciences.
â€¢ A medical doctor with experience in communication and publication would be advantage
â€¢ Strong documented back ground in report writing, editing and other communication
â€¢ Excellent writing skills in English is absolutely essential
â€¢ Excellent fluency and familiarity with computer programs and how to operate video conference is must.
â€¢ Fluency written and reading local languages Pashtu and Dari is must.
â€¢ Excellent coordination skills
â€¢ Previous experience with USAID funded projects and reporting requirements is advantage
â€¢ Excellent communication skills is required