|Date Posted:||Jul 5, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 13, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies. Since 1970, we have worked in more than 150 countries—delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict.
The Senior Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinator (SIAC) will work as part of WIE’s Workforce Development team, at the Kabul headquarters office, and will report to the Workforce Development Team Leader. The SIAC will be responsible for the implementation of WIE internship and apprenticeship programs with the overall objective of placing a total of 9,500 interns and apprentices in businesses over the next two and a half years. In order to achieve this objective the SIAC will work as part of a nationwide team that includes five Regional Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinators and up to 30 Provincial Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinators
The SIAC will support the Regional Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinators (RIACs), ensuring that they have the tools, templates and procedures to accomplish their objectives. The SIAC will develop activities in support of the internship and apprenticeship programs to include communications and outreach, and will coordinate the delivery of pre-employment services to interns and apprentices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. With input from other Workforce Development team members and provide leadership, oversight and coordination for regional internship and apprenticeship program activities under the direction of the Workforce Development Team Leader.
2. Ensure internship and apprenticeship program activity approaches are understood and procedures are followed by RIACs. Facilitate outreach to, identification and selection of businesses by developing communications and outreach activities, by contracting with business service providers in the regions and partnering with relevant educational institutions, NGOs and other service providers.
3. Assist in outreach to, recruitment and placement of interns and apprentices through the development of appropriate web portal tools, social media campaigns, and communications and outreach activities. Ensure that WIE staff and partners are adequately trained to screen interns and apprentices and match them to position openings, and that service providers are in place to deliver pre-employment training/orientation. Conduct quality control checks on trainings delivered, intern and employer orientations, and monitor the job placement rates of interns and apprentices in order to make improvements to the program as needed.
4. Coordinate closely with the Kabul based Job Placement Manager to ensure that women who are completing internships and apprenticeships enroll in job placement services to secure places of employment.
5. Coordinate closely with Regional Service Centers and the M&E specialists in the region to monitor internship and apprenticeship programs.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent, 4 to 6 years implementing professional or workforce development programs, designing and delivering training and outreach programs.
Familiarity with the needs of private sector businesses and employers, ability to conduct professional outreach to and engage with Afghan businesses is essential.
Familiarity with internship, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training programs.
Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with various deadlines.
Strong communication skills, ability to motivate team members.
Previous experience with USAID-funded programs preferred.
Previous experience developing gender-sensitive program activities preferred.
Fluency in English and in Dari or Pashto.
Must be proficient in the use of computers and computer software, and familiar with databases.
Must be able to travel throughout Afghanistan.
The position reports to the Workforce Development Team Leader