|Date Posted:||Jul 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) singed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish Main Central Program Management Office (CPMO) which will be a permanent office to provide operational (administration, finance, procurement, reporting, technical and, monitoring and evaluation) support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL.
He/she will be also responsible to report directly to CPMO Program Director/Deputy Minister and will provide support to all projects under the CPMO.
Provinces to travel:
Evidence of technical support provided to Deputy Minister, or Senior officials of the Ministry
•Overall activities plan with detailed monthly activities
• Reporting any new initiatives by the Deputy Minister for Irrigation and the adviser's role under those initiatives
•Drafted policies, strategies and concept notes, if any
•Minutes of the meetings chaired and/or co-chaired by DM or advisor
• A concise End of Assignment (EoA) Report with findings and recommendation
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to work in harsh environments
Any other task assigned by the line manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Active participation in the ADB funded initiatives at the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, particularly with Irrigation directorate;
2. Carry out feasibility study of the large-scale projects
3. Check, review and approve the progress of the large-scale projects and
4. Review the designs of the large irrigation projects and reports
5. Able to communicate complicated and technical issues with implementing companies.
6. Provide necessary support in the implementation of the program for the institutional strengthening and capacity development of Irrigation Department (ID) and the directorates of agriculture, irrigation and livestock (DAIL) of MAIL
7. Take a role in organizing Irrigation Working Group (IWG) meeting on a regular basis, and also provide advices to make IWG work as a platform for coordinating comprehensive implementation of the irrigation projects and activities among organizations concerned;
8. Report the updated information relating to irrigation programs/projects and activities to be formulated and/or implemented by the donors through a monthly report on request basis by JICA experts;
9. Assist Deputy Minister for Irrigation in initiatives for cold storages, joint agriculture school study with Technical Vocation Training Authority, and support programs for Afghan returnees from neighboring countries;
10. Assist Irrigation Director (Deputy Director) in the implementation of Irrigation Sector Reform and National Irrigation Program;
11. Assist in implementation of the National Irrigation Policy, and also provide necessary support in capacity building and institutional arrangements for implementation of the policy;
12. Assist in the review and update of National Irrigation Projects;
13. Contribute to formulate irrigation policy, projects proposals, programs and concept notes, and present them at appropriate platforms to obtain funding and materialize them.
14. Review master plans, feasibility studies, and prepare scope of studies, expression of interests for the national and sub-national level irrigation projects;
15. Draft strategy for identifying synergies with other line ministries and departments engaged in irrigation activities, and formulating coordination mechanism for optimizing joint operations on the ground.
16. Support capacity-building activities in the irrigation directorate
17. Support the formation of a capacity-building unit within irrigation directorate to systematize and channel all donor-funded capacity-building activities in the irrigation directorate
18. Assist in the implementation of National Rice Development Strategy (NPRS).
19. Liaise with Mechanization directorate and RIPA project, on aspect of agriculture (rice) mechanization
20. Assist the CPMO is their irrigation related issues
21. Promote any support to office of the deputy minister for irrigation and natural resources.
Travels to Provinces
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Masters level education in Water, irrigation or any relevant field;
• 7 years of relevant experience with Bachelor degree and five years of relevant experience with master degree will be required.
• Experience in institutional capacity building, policy and program management and implementation