|Date Posted:||Jul 20, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science,Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||3 year(s)|
About Wold Bank :
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries. ITS services range from: establishing the IT infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions. The ITS business model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific World Bank Group business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire Group. ITS is one of three VPUs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
The IT Regional Client Services is primarily tasked with ensuring the cohesive delivery of regional IT programs and initiatives, as well as aligning existing support channels with business needs. In achieving its objectives and providing for a best possible IT customer experience, Client Support directs and partners with CO/HQ IT Support teams, 24/7 IT Service Desks, Training and Outreach, as well as cross-functional teams delivering products and solutions.
The WBG IT (ITSCR) team in Kabul is responsible for providing high quality of Technology support services to the WBG offices in Kabul. The team is also responsible for implementing Projects with Technical components such as hardware, software, communications, and telephony for local offices, residences of Senior Staff, and during high profile visits / workshops. The team is expected to assist with projects initiated from Bank’s HQ and the Region, by providing local perspective and input to be incorporated in designing and testing solutions.
IT service delivery is being managed through team of onsite Kabul IT team. Kabul office is also managing service desk to receive calls from end users, all user calls are being monitored / tracked through incident management ticket tracking system.
This position is based in IBRD, Kabul office and reports to the Regional IT Lead for South Asia Region based in Chennai.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Use ITIL best practices to monitors the tickets raised by Kabul IT team, work with location lead to analyze the calls and use the call data to improve the service delivery / team performance.
· Monitors SLAs achieved by Kabul IT team through institutional incident management systems
· Document incident / problem status and resolution in tracking log. Documents solutions to common problems and responses to frequently asked questions.
· Assists in identification of end-user training needs and development of appropriate training modules.
· Deliver standard training to end users on various bank specific information management tools / applications used by Bank staff (wbdocs, Operation portal, various reporting tools, Microsoft collaborating tools etc.)
· Provides feedback on new software performance and testing.
· Identifies recurring issues impacting service(s) and alerts IT team members.
· Admin support to local IT team in processing monthly / quarterly invoices, assist Location lead in preparing annual IT budget and keeping record of IT expenditure.
· Provides IT Support services to end users / clients, coordinates with onsite IT team, resolves tier II calls and Log/ updates/track call data into the institutional incident management tracking system.
· Provides support to end users / clients on Information Management Systems such as Office 365, Outlook, Internet applications etc. Escalates problems (not resolved locally) to central product teams and follows up to ensure resolution.
· Assist the location lead to supervise / monitor on site IT team on day to day basis and plays the backup role of the location IT lead as and when required.
· Work with regular OEM / supplier / service provider for all warranty related issues for IT hardware being used in office (Lenovo, HP, CISCO, Dell etc.)
· Works with vendor’s technical support to resolve client problems.
· Configures and installs PCs, peripheral equipment, and other personal computing devices as per Bank prescribed procedures & processes
· Identifies, initiates, supports and documents procedures and guidelines that have been used repeatedly to improve work processes and methods relating to client services delivery and effective team functioning.
· Assist location lead during procurement cycle. If required, monitor delivery, payment of equipment purchased and arranges installation.
· Assists in equipment acquisition and liaises with appropriate Bank Group personnel, work with location lead in managing IT assets and keeping asset record up to date in all IBRD offices in New Delhi.
· Participate in annual ITDR / business continuity or any other exercises / pilot
· Quality check of all regional tickets logged in institutional incident management tracking system, share monthly / quarterly reports with SAR RIO and other stakeholders.
· Prepare monthly / weekly tips and tricks of various products / applications / tools being used within Bank and share it with all stakeholders.
· Coordinate with SAR regional IT team, prepare monthly / quarterly highlights for the region.
· Develops Tips and Tricks and other periodic Communications on Bank’s Information Management Systems (IM) to ensure better use of IM system by Bank staff.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Systems/Sciences/IT with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience with donor/funded, International Organization/Institution or reputable telecom/IT sector required,
· Very Good knowledge of different Microsoft products - Office 365, MS outlook, MS Exchange, Yammer, SharePoint, team, windows 10 Operating System etc.
· Good Knowledge of IT service delivery (ITIL incident management process) and technologies (LAN / WAN, mobility, communication links)
· Industrial Certifications Including (Microsoft Certified Engineer/Administrator, Cisco Certified Networking Associate/Professional, ITIL/PMP preferred).
Core Technical Knowledge and Skills:
· Good Knowledge of IT Technologies (Windows Platform, MS Outlook, MS Office / office 365, Printers, Scanners, etc.)
· In-depth knowledge of Office 365, Microsoft Outlook and other collaborative (Yammer, teams, SharePoint etc)
· Strong client service delivery oriented skills and the ability to work under pressure with accuracy and professionalism
· Proficient in latest Microsoft Windows Applications.
· Good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS service and other networking methods and technologies.
· Familiarity with networking (LAN / WAN technologies / products), communication links (MPLS, ISP, metro ethernet), Software Asset, ITSM Tools
· Working knowledge and experience of setting up and supporting Videoconference Facilities
· Basic knowledge of communication technologies, including IP Telephony, video-conference, Wi-Fi and CISCO products / tools.
· Basic knowledge of configuring, monitoring, troubleshooting and managing mobile devices in enterprise environment
Basic knowledge of cloud computing, virtualization & related technolog
• Computer logon account/email initial setup/configuration.
• RSA SecurID Soft Token activate.
• Computer logon account/email create.
• Mobile Outlook configuration.
• Windows login password change.
• New iPhone initial setup/configuration.
• Cisco AnyConnect connectivity issue.
• Local SIM Card validity expired, outgoing calls not working.
• External mouse not connecting with laptop.
• Desktop icons disappeared, table mode on.
• Windows login password changed for entire support staff.