|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 23, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About National Skills Development Program (NSDP):
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by H.E. President Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, (MOLSA) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, and the World Bank and other funding agencies.
The scope of work of Senior IT Officer will include but not limited to providing a wide range of networking and computer-support services to the NSDP staff, involving the effective utilization, maintenance, updating, and enhancement of a wide range of systems. To be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and updating staff workstations, as well as diagnosing and resolving network and server connectivity issues, monitoring the implementation of IT-related subcontracts, administering Windows Server 2008-based systems, administering switches, Access points, advising users on the optimal utilization of in-place systems and tools, providing relevant expertise to various partners, and fulfilling other IT-related duties as assigned.
Senior IT Officer will be working under the overall responsibility of Program Coordinator and under the day to day supervision of IT Expert.
The duration of the assignment will be 5 months and will involve the following activities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Senior IT Officer is responsible for startup of the office IT Systems such as but not limited IT infrastructure, Support, Documentation and Print, and continued support to the IT infrastructure of the project and the physical location of the NSDP.
- Create floor plans, physical and logical network diagrams, bills of quantities, scheduling projections, inventory reports, site survey reports, and other documents as required;
- Implementation of required server and centralized applications such as Ms. Exchange, Active Directory, WSUS, Anti-virus, switches, routers, firewalls etc.
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting of any IT related issues with NSDP staff have with their workstations, office printers and other shared systems, office networks and internet connections, Windows file/print/DNS/etc server, Cisco routers, WAPs, and switches, and the email servers;
- Makes sure the required stock of required day-to-day equipment is upto date and required checklists are checked in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of various network construction, internet-service provision, and end-user support contracts;
- Maintain regular backups of office data, and periodically test the restoration of them;
- Maintain a consistent accounting of software license usage, request new license purchases when required. Maintains proper inventory of all IT related equipment.
- Training of NSDP staff on office applications and MIS systems that is developed by NSDP/counterparts for Data Entry and other activities.
- Automate a wide range of tasks using batch files, shell scripts, macros, etc.
- Obtain and compare price quotes, investigate market capacity, and research locally-available and locally-supportable solutions to a wide range of IT problems,
- Perform other job related tasks assigned time to time by respective supervisors
- Bachelors with 5 years of Experience in IT is required.
- Previous experience with any Donor, International NGO or International Implementer is required.
- Certification required CCNA and MCITP.
- Effective communication, (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants and the World Bank staff.