|Date Posted:||May 18, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 26, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan Workforce Development Program:
Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The overarching goal of Afghanistan Workforce Development Program (AWDP) is to increase job placements, salaries/wages and self-employment opportunities for Afghan men and women through the provision of market-driven skills training, business training and linkages to credit, business development support and job placement services.
Senior IT Officer
Provinces to travel:
9. Experience or basic knowledge of Lotus Notes Client Administration, and replication within a WAN preferred;
10. Cisco ASA administration preferred;
11. Video Teleconferencing setup and maintenance preferred
12. Identification, organization, and execution of priority activities and assignments with minimal direct supervision, adjusting priorities as required.
13. Allocation of appropriate amount of time and resources for the completion of assigned tasks.
14. Ability to work collaborative with colleagues at all levels to achieve project goals.
15. Tactfulness, Enthusiasm to the job. Good Human Relation skills, integrity and ability to work under deadline.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. IT will provide position descriptions for field-based IT staff, in coordination with the Director of F&A..
2. Provide technical support on all IT-related issues
3. Implement and administer the office network according to HQ Field IT Policies and Procedures
4. Identify and troubleshoot network problems
5. Supervise installations performed by third parties such as cabling, Internet connection, etc.
6. Support Help Desk support to all office staff
7. Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources
8. Set up and ensure reliable Internet connectivity
9. Set up, implement, and maintain the Sonicwall firewall
10. Implement and document network operations, processes, and procedures
11. Configure and install workstations, printers, client software
12. Update Windows, anti-virus/malware software, and other software with patches and new versions
13. Implement and document disaster recovery plan and offsite storage of backed up data
14. Provide first level Help Desk support to all office staff and refer unsolved issues to HQ Field IT for second level support
15. Enforce IT Security policies
16. Day to day Network administration
17. Perform weekly back ups
18. Maintain IT equipment and software inventory
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. University Degree with in depth knowledge of networking, wireless environment, PC & Server support experience;
2. Knowledge of Windows Server 2003 & Windows XP Client operating systems and windows network services (AD, DNS, DHCP, print and file sharing);
3. VSAT and wireless internet and routing;
4. Physical, wireless and Logical LAN and WAN infrastructure and VPN;
5. Network troubleshooting and maintenance.
6. Microsoft Office applications;
7. Common client applications such as Adobe Acrobat;
8. Server, desktop, laptop and network troubleshooting;