|Date Posted:||Dec 31, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 15, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently, this bank has 27 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking. According to the mid-term strategy of the bank, the branch network and operation of this company will be expanded rapidly in the coming 1 year time. For more information kindly visit: www.afghanunitedbank.com
Senior Legal Officer will help the Head of Legal in day to day activities and also perform the responsibilities of the Head of Legal in his absence beside his/her assigned tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Advise the executives and employees on changes to the laws affecting the company.
2. Investigate if the company or a staff member does not comply with the law.
3. Oversee lawsuits, possibly acting as a chief litigator.
4. Ensure the company fills out and submits all its legal paperwork.
5. Manage the legal budget to get the most services for the least money.
6. Take over the cases that require legal action.
7. Perform legal counseling to the Departments of the bank.
8. Conduct a regular follow up of legal cases registered.
9. Review all the policies of the bank to make sure that the policies are in line with government laws and regulations.
10. Keep legal case records and files in a confidential and safe manner.
11. Prepare daily and monthly report for the Board of Management and Board of Supervisors.
12. Other related duties as assigned by the line manager.
· University degree in Law.
· Having at least 3 years’ experience in the legal department of a bank
· Having proper knowledge of Afghan Laws and juridical system.
· Being able to properly communicate in Afghanistan's national languages, English - skills will be an advantage.
- Having good writing skill in English, Pashto, and Dari