|Date Posted:||Sep 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Engineering,Economic Growth,Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||12 months|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In 2018, WFP Afghanistan provided food assistance to more than 4 million people through a series of programme interventions across the country. Thanks to its newly approved Country Strategic Plan (2018-2022), WFP Afghanistan is well placed to provide comprehensive support to the country in achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 via its six closely interrelated outcomes, which range from emergency response to livelihoods creation, as well as nutrition programmes based on a life-cycle approach, and the strengthening of national food systems. Such national-led framing of all strategic result areas of the CSP will contribute to the country’s long-term transition to development and aspiration for peace. For more information, see wfp.org
Job holders report to the Head of Supply Chain Unit or the designate. At this level, job holder has independent responsibility for technical, specialised work including planning, organisation and coordination and setting objectives for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. The incumbent deals with issues that are often undefined and involve areas of uncertainty and complex inter-relationships. The instructions received are broad and the job holder consistently demonstrates a high degree of responsibility and initiative to independently manage activities and respond to queries. Job holder is expected to motivate and develop a team of support staff and/or is responsible for specialised support service(s) where the work is undertaken with the help of specially designed techniques, methods and processes.
To provide a range of specialised support functions and/or lead a team performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
Provinces to travel:
• Experience coordinating with transportation providers and third parties.
• Experience leading a team of national staff.
• Experience assisting in project management.
• Experience in preparing and managing budgets.
• Experience in analysing end-to-end supply chain operations;
• Experience working with supply chain information systems;
• Experience in troubleshooting and solving operational issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
3. Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement, supported by analysis and recommendations.
4. Gather market intelligence, coordinate vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) and produce relevant reports to support vendor selection process.
5. Manage complex operational issues and provide solutions or recommendations related to all assistance modalities, using initiative and following processes, to ensure the provision of timely resolutions with excellent client service mind-set.
6. Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
7. Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
8. Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
9. Provide comprehensive analyses of operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
10. Manage and coordinate a full range of documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to address issues and recommend improvements in processes.
11. Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis to produce comprehensive reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) providing insight and recommendations that enable informed decision-making.
12. Coordinate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and strengthen partnerships on humanitarian supply chain.
13. Manage a team(s) of staff providing technical advice, coaching, guidance and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
14. Participate in logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
Education: Completion of Bachelor's degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field.
Language: Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and in Dari and/or Pashto;