|Date Posted:||May 18, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 31, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About AACS Consulting:
AACS Consulting is a leading professional services and management consulting firm founded in early 2009 and headquartered in Kabul, Afghanistan. A diverse team of national and international experts with combined experience of several decades, enables AACS Consulting to provide customized and quality professional services. These services are offered in areas Research and Survey, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Development, Audit and Tax Advisory, and Inspection and Certifications.
For nearly a decade, AACS Consulting has helped a wide range of government, United Nations, international development, and business institutions maximize on opportunities and overcome business challenges in various areas and industries.
The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting Specialist will work under the direct supervision of Research and M&E Services Director/Project Manager, and will be responsible to establish M&E system and tools of the overall project, contribute in developing policies and procedures, preparing comprehensive reports and implement M&E basic functions such as: conducting surveys, regular data collection from the field, analyzing data, and preparing repots.
Provinces to travel:
Demonstrates flexibility and ability to manage complexities;
- Understanding of Result based Monitoring and Evaluation system;
- Project Management Skills and Result-based Management concepts;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours when required;
- Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Ability to manage staff and contribute to the skills and capacity building;
- Excellent working knowledge of English, both verbal and written; Fluency both written and verbal in Dari/Pashto;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and email;
- Willingness and ability to travel to the respective zone provinces including to remote and conflict-affected areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to plan, design and establish the project monitoring and evaluation system and tools to collect information needed for the project design, internal management, and periodic reporting to the management;
- Support the project in terms of data entry, data collection, data compilation, data analysis, data dissemination and recording of project performance and achievements;
- Working in coordination with Regional M&E Specialists to establish agency-specific M&E frameworks and/or systems, collect necessary data and undertake the necessary analysis of the data;
- Monitor and review project implementation regularly to assess and identify challenges and bottlenecks and explore practical solutions;
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of all activities on M&E with the close coordination of supervisor;
- Measure the progress of project activities by comparing measurement area of Result Framework (indicators, baseline and targets) against planned activities of the line organization;
· Provincial visits to support implementation of the monitoring system and to ensure that systems are in place and staffs are orientated and actively implementing the system;
- Work with project/technical staff to ensure M&E procedures/ instruments are understood and are properly implemented;
- Provide advice to staff and stakeholders on M&E decisions, such as the identification of priorities, needs and indicators; the design, set up and use of M&E systems to collect the necessary data/ information;
- Contribute to the technical design of M&E methodologies and instruments as needed;
- Contribute in writing and preparing comprehensive M&E regular reports;
- Any other task(s) as assigned by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Master Degree with 4 years of work experience, or Bachelor Degree with 7 years of work experience in public administration, management, economics, development, or similar fields;
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation techniques is highly preferred;
- Experience on M&E with US Embassy funded projects is preferable;
- Adequate practical experienced-based professional expertise in analysis of evaluative data using appropriate statistical package;
- Experience in development of indicators and data analysis in project management; with proven record in monitoring and evaluation is highly desired;
- Extensive experience in Management Information Systems that uses computerized databases is an advantage;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV/Resume immediately in Word/PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2019.
- Please mention position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (Senior M&E and Reporting Specialist -AACS-VA-48) otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are received.