|Date Posted:||Nov 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Assistance for Health, Education and Development - AHEAD:
AHEAD as a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization established by Afghan trained professionals those are committed to contribute in improvement of civil society, , social development, public health and educational programs. AHEAD is registered under license number 1259 in Ministry of Economy, with the long term Vision of the realization and development of vibrant and vital civil society, community development, public health and education in Afghanistan where the interest, concerns and dignity of the civilians are taken seriously and more people have access to resources. The Mission of considered as: contribution to improve the quality of Afghan families life through provision and distribution of quality health, education services, awareness, community development, civil society development, capacity building and research.
Assistance for Health, Education and Development (AHEAD) is implementing BPHS SEHATMANDI Project in Takhar, Samangan and Nooristan Provinces looking for capable candidate.
Senior HMIS/ M&E Officer (Roster) for Takhar
Senior HMIS/ M&E Officer (Roster) for Samangan
Senior HMIS/ M&E Officer (Roster) for Nooristan
The Senior HMIS/M&E Officer is responsible to plan, organize, implement, control and follow up the HMIS activities of the Project to ensure the quality and quantity HMIS data and provided health care at the related health facilities is exactly according to the BPHS and donor requirements while promoting and maintaining professional relations with Community Health Councils, Provincial Public Health Department and Implementing Partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure update HMIS software is functional and used properly at the field office.
- Perform supportive supervision from health facilities at least 5th times/month
- Ensure from availability of update HMIS formats in all HFs
- Identify staff needs and perform specific training and support to health facilities staff and community network on HMIS and use of data for action.
- Monitor timeliness and completeness of report.
- Data entery, analyze and update of HMIS data base and submit HMIS- be to head office at the first week of each month.
- Ensure from all HMIS data quality assurance
- Ensure from 100% improvement in all 10 HMIS P4P indicators and regular analyze of them with the targets.
- Ensuring the implementation of standards and quality of care and ensuring the quality and accuracy of HMIS data based on MoPH performance management SOP at HFs and project level.
- Monitor HFs for quality, accuracy and verification of HMIS data at HFs and community level, Minimum standards and quality of care based on performance management SOP
- Conducting HMIS committee at office and HFs level.
- Active participation in all HMIS review meeting which is held by MOPH.
- Identify and report problems that interferes the delivery of services.
- Attend coordination meetings related to HMIS issues at the MoPH.
- Prepare monthly P4P report the HMIS.
- Target setting according to Maximum and Index targets
- Accountable and responsible for the technical affairs of all AHEAD projects
- Reports on technical activities to the Project Manager and Deputy Technical Manager.
- Assist Technical Manager in the provision of technical quarterly report on a timely manner.
- Arranges and attends required trainings and meetings both inside and outside AHEAD including Community Health Council and PPHCC meetings.
- Develops comprehensive work plan, structure in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Oversees the daily activities of the HMIS team.
- Attends strategic Provincial Public Health Coordination Committee (PPHCC) meetings
- Implement all standards as indicated in Balance Scorecard
- Implement all standards of quality of care and HQIP
- Prepares appropriate reports and feedback as appropriate.
- Carries out any other duties assigned by the Deputy Technical Project Manager/ Project Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Mandatory – recognized Medical University Degree.
- Essential: at least three years’ experience in project management.
- Excellent organizational and team building skills
- Pleasant personality, motivated to manage and lead a team towards quality performance results as the normal output
- Fluent in local and English languages.
- Excellent communication skills and confident in presenting to a wide audience
- Computer literate preferably in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate competently in written English
- Honest, trustworthy and committed to organizational goals