|Date Posted:||Aug 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 17, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
Recognizing that agriculture/agribusiness development are crucial for inclusive growth and jobs creation, the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) is committed to a program of renewal and strategic long-term investments in this sector. To this end, the GoIRA has prepared the Afghanistan Agribusiness Charter, which was adopted in November 2018 by the High Economic Council (HEC). The Charter presents a comprehensive and strategic plan (2019-2024) to enable growth of agri-enterprises and promote greater opportunities for both self-employment and jobs in rural and urban areas. It marks the first step towards a new vision of a programmatic approach to agribusiness development in Afghanistan. It focuses on investments in four strategic priorities: (i) supportive policy and regulatory environment that can foster a competitive and sustainable upgrade of the agribusiness sector in Afghanistan; (ii) innovative agri-spatial solutions (agri-food parks) to support enhanced productivity of Afghan smallholder farmers and competitiveness of agri-food enterprises in local and international markets; (iii) access to finance to increase the availability of sustainable and appropriate financial services for agricultural value chain actors (farmers, intermediary agencies, traders, processors and exporters); and (iv) strengthening institutions for efficient service delivery. In the medium- to long-term the Charter aims to catalyze and support the emergence of an efficient, market-orientated agribusiness sector characterized by profitable and competitive agribusinesses; and public-sector policies and institutions which facilitate increased private sector investment in agribusiness and efficiently deliver services and inputs to farmers and agri-firms on their own or in partnership with the private sector.
The Ministry of Finance is looking for a highly skilled individual to work as (Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist) at the AgriBusiness Secretariat. The selected candidate will have the overall responsibility of M&E for ABC and OMAID project. He/she is expected to work on system development, results framework, setting indicators, negotiating with line ministries and conducting continues M$E and drafting reports. He/She will be reporting to Agribusiness Secretariat Head and Director General for Policy Analysis and Program Implementation at Deputy Ministry of Policy.
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will report to the Agribusiness Secretariat Head and Director General for Policy Analysis and Program Implementation/Ministry of Finance. He/she will assist with the developing monitoring system for ABC and OMAID project and will be responsible for the following specific tasks:
Requires travel to provinces:
· Proven skills in research and data analysis.
· Knowledge of M&E principles in public organization as well as international organizations.
· Experience with implementing or monitoring gender would be an advantage.
· Demonstrated ability to build good relationship with line ministries, donor community and private sector.
· Demonstrated skills in integrating inputs from different ministries/agencies to achieve development results specifically with their M&E teams.
· Demonstrated achievement of results – through building a culture that delivers high-quality products and services to clients.
· Demonstrated attention to detail and quality assurance.
· Complete fluency in the English language, including demonstrated excellent English report writing skills.
· Computer literacy High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc,) and excellent web navigation skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a monitoring system for ABC and lead the planning and coordination of the regular and systemic monitoring of ABC overall progress in achieving its results;
- Supporting the relevant Ministries/agencies in improving their existing monitoring and reporting systems so that their projects’ results indicators can be adequately monitored;
- Preparing regular ABC monitoring reports as required by the Agribusiness Executive Secretariat (AES), in collaboration with other Projects Implementation Unit (PIUs) staff, identifying potential implementation risks in achieving their Development objectives, and proactively proposing potential solutions;
- Supporting AES in planning and commissioning the project mid-term review, communicating the review’s results and undertaking follow-up actions;
- Guiding and supporting the AES and other stakeholders involved in ABC’s implementation in the proper monitoring and evaluation of ABC projects/activities;
- Supporting and supervising the evaluation of the impact of select ABC projects’ interventions and activities;
- Cooperating with beneficiaries and stakeholders to ensure high quality project monitoring;
- Assisting with the translation of relevant documents and their dissemination;
- Properly filing and maintaining all M&E documents;
- Collaborating with and supporting the relevant PIU staff in the conduct of communication and awareness building activities on gender and climate change
- Performing any other tasks as reasonably assigned by the AES Head.
A. DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT AND REPORTING ARRANGEMENTS
· The assignment is for 1-year renewable depending on satisfaction and performance.
· The Consultant will report to the Reporting to Agribusiness Secretariat Head and Director General for Policy Analysis and Program Implementation/MoF.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
This position requires technical breadth and depth to devise agribusiness development solutions and carry-out dialogue with various stakeholders, a combination of integrative skills, strong operational experience, sensitivity to the political economy of the country, and strong communication skills. The candidate should have:
· A minimum of MA in Economics, MA in Monitoring & Evaluation or an advance degree in public policy or public administration with courses on M&E or related fields with at least 5 years of work experience. Prior experience working in Monitoring and Evaluation is a must.