|Date Posted:||May 13, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||5 months|
About Kabul Municipality:
The Kabul Municipality is responsible for implementing Kabul Municipal Development program (KMDP) and Eshteghal Zaiee Karmondena (EZ-KAR) Project on behalf of the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The primary focus of the KMDP is to increase access to basic municipal services in selected residential areas of Kabul City and strengthen Municipal Finance Management of Kabul Municipality and the project development objective of EZ-KAR is to strengthen the enabling environment for economic opportunities in the cities (including Kabul Municipality) where there is a high influx of displaced people.
Both projects are financed by the World Bank Group. The Project Management Unit (PMU) under the supervision of the Kabul Mayor has been setup at the Kabul Municipality (KM) to implement and administer the two Projects.
1- The KMDP Project is under the implementation stage which consists of the following main components:
o Infrastructure upgrading program
o Redesign of Kabul Municipality’s Financial Management System
o Project Management, Works, Design and Supervision
o Contingent Emergency Response
2- The EZ-KAR Project is also under the implementation stage which consists of the following main components:
o Component 1: Regional and National Integration of Displaced Persons.
o Component 2: Short Term Employment Opportunities and Market Enabling Infrastructure under IDLG.
o Component 3: Prioritized Urban Investments In Four Provincial Capital Cities.
o Component 4: Market Enabling Infrastructure and Reforms for Kabul Municipality.
o Component 5: National Regulatory Reforms and Program Coordination.
The Senior Market Development Specialist, under the supervision of the Team Leader, is responsible for developing market enabling infrastructure for Kabul Municipality, for the component 4 of EZ-Kar project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
The unit would be responsible for the following activities:
· Play a leading role in development, implementation and supervision of market enabling infrastructure subprojects under the EZ-Kar Component 4
o Support undertaking market research and consultations to design appropriate infrastructure subprojects for developing and upgrading commercial markets and market places in Kabul Municipality.
- Train Facilitation Partners (FP)’ staff on collection of socio-economic data and provide technical assistance for the preparation of site-specific ESMP’s while selecting sites for business market subprojects.
o See all subprojects through to completion and evaluate their success using various metrics.
- Guide Kabul Municipality and the KMDP PIU on
- Subproject selection and technical surveys.
o Market upgrading, financing, investments, connectivity improvement that promotes economic opportunities.
o Promoting and marketing the newly built infrastructure to prospective tenants, businesses, vendors, investors, and other stakeholders.
· Support the KMDP PIU in supervision and oversight of subprojects to ensure high quality within time and cost budget.
- Regularly follow up on subproject related data entry in the MIS database and make sure that the data is accurate and correctly entered into the system.
- Regular meetings with PMU’s engineers regarding subproject related issues, grievances, and capacity building activities.
- Conduct monitoring of subprojects and prepare detailed monitoring reports and submit to the relevant supervisors.
- Prepare and submit progress report to the Head of the KMDP PIU.
o Ensure quality control and quality assurance of BGA subprojects.
- Ensure that the KMDP PIU maintains proper documentation and recording of land documents and (if needed) supports the preparation of Resettlement Action Plan for subprojects.
- Ensure that any land acquisition has been done based on the procedures and standard provisions of project RPF as well as the documentation have been properly recorded.
MBA, Marketing specialization with 5 years of related experience. Additional civil engineering qualifications preferred.
· Communication Skills.
· Time Management.
· Well organized and proactive approach to work.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Highly motivated for his/her professional and academic improvement.
· Ability to take constructive feedback.
· Problem-solving skills.
- Professional work ethics ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to manage staff and contribute to the skills and capacity building.
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present project-related information/requirements and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style.
- Fluency in English in speech, writing and comprehension to the extent of easy comprehension.
- Working knowledge of Dari and/or Pashto will be an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.