|Date Posted:||Mar 23, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank for the Afghanistan Second Skills Development Project (ASDPII). The project aims to improve the quality and relevance in the formal TVET system in priority trades by supporting delivery of priority trades, operationalization of lead institutes, teacher policy development and implementation, curriculum reform, upgrading TVET Teacher competencies, Teacher assessment, international in service training and domestic in service training. The project is seeking
A comprehensive and responsive monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system, including a TVET Management Information System (TVET-MIS) is in place and the data for past five years is captured. TVET-MIS data is used in policy and planning and decision making.
Newly established TVET-A is now planning to improve the TVET-MIS functionally not to be a data storage system rather turn it into decision-making, planning and monitoring tool. Therefore, a lot of effort is needed to modified the system, add more modules, create/simplify the reporting system, expand the use of system, improve quality and timeliness of data.
TVET-A with technical support from ASDP project aims to achieve all above priorities in coming years. Therefore, TVET-A has developed this ToR for MIS specialist to be on board to support General Directorate of Policy and Planning and Evaluation to improve the TVET-MIS system.
The objective of this assignment is to:
1. Lead the technical process and provide professional consultation in system design and development of Student profile system for TVET-A.
2. Expand TVET Teacher profile system (support to TVET teacher’s assessment) and design and develop new modules with integration of the statistical data to TVET-MIS and Tashkeel data.
3. Contribute to accuracy of the reports, statistical data of TVET public and private centers, related ASDP project systems, and support for priority trades into a system.
4. Support and Contribute to Official letter system in TVET-A.
5. Expand TVET Provincial Profile, District Profile and School/Institute Profile system and linkage with Student profile system for TVET-A.
6. Technically Advising and supporting Project MIS system for TVET-A.
7. Contribute to modified the TVET-MIS and make it responsive for M&E and TVET-A needs.
8. Ensure the TVET-MIS is maintained and expanded to program/department, provinces and centers.
9. Build the capacity of relevant staff to input, clean, extract data and disseminate statistics.
Experience in managing the development and maintenance of software applications and MIS for larger organizations
Familiarity with open source software would be an advantage
Prior experience working with government systems would be an advantage
Ability to design templates for data collection and analyze data.
Should be thoroughly familiar with statistical packages and should have experience in using Microsoft office software including MS Project.
Excellent interpersonal skills and strong report writing and analytical skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Senior MIS Specialist will be responsible for:
A. Assessing the needs and System Analysis
1. Liaise with different departments at TVET-A to assess their data needs and work process/flows
2. Conduct business process mapping of TVET services and systems
3. Assist in preparation of assessment and system analysis technical documents
4. Assisting in developing the survey form based on the system and available data at school level
5. Assist in collection and integration of internal and external data
B. System design and System Development
1. Develop new/ modify modules for the current MIS system.
2. Assist in development of logical software design and software development procedures and practices.
3. Implement software development projects using most appropriate methodologies for different TVET components ensuring implementation of data standards and data integrity.
4. Implement ways with the help of which he can incorporate with several new technologies.
5. Observe, test, diagnose and resolve the faults that occur in the software.
6. Programming and development of applications for different TVET departments.
7. Design, develop and implement relational databases using MS- SQL (server).
8. Develop website user interface (forms) to modify and update the data in the database.
9. Assisting in system design, system integration and ensuring support of software development activity.
10. Modify TVET statistical system reporting section for a user friendly reporting section.
11. Develop provincial, district and school/institute profiles for different indicators.
C. System soundness and accuracy and documentation
1. Ensure data accuracy, quality and integrity in databases.
2. Develop and maintain enterprise-level solutions utilizing service oriented, web, and mobile technologies.
3. Write and test codes and then rewrite and refine it if required.
4. Develop the technical document for system design, deployment and maintenance.
5. Write different data checking queries for statistical indicators, cross and direct checking of data.
D. Expansion and deployment of the system
1. Assisting TVET in expansion of the system to departments and sub national level.
2. Develop a set of user IDs for TVET institutes/schools to allow them to upload data to the system.
1. Design and conduct training for system users at national and sub-national levels.
2. Conduct Training session for TVET-MIS and other department’s staff.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
With MS in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in developing/Design of MIS systems or with Bs in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in developing/Design of MIS systems.