|Date Posted:||Dec 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 8, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of communication and IT:
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received Project Grant/Fund from the World Bank for execution of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to hire a qualified Individual Consultant (an Afghan National) to work as Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (M&E) of the Project and to carry out relevant M&E activities & capacity building for Digital CASA Project..
This Consultancy support will be provided to MCIT at Kabul, under the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
The aim of the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project is: (i) to strengthen the Regional and expand National level broadband connectivity based on Optical Fiber Networks; (ii) to boost up digital society and economy through e-Governance initiatives and (iii) to prepare an enabling environment and regulation for the growth of ICT Sector in Afghanistan. The project will do so by: (a) strengthening of broadband connectivity in the region; (b) expansion and strengthening of national broadband connectivity in Afghanistan; (c) Commissioning of a Network called “GovNet” to connect some of the Government Offices at Central and Provincial Government levels; (d) Automation of citizen-centric services through e-Governance initiatives; (e) Automation of e-Governance mechanisms and strengthening of e-Delivery Platforms; (f) framing up of Regulations, Policies, Strategies and Policies for growth of ICT Sector.
To contribute towards achievement of some of the above-mentioned objectives of Digital CASA
Afghanistan Project, MCIT has decided to avail the consultancy services of an Individual Consultant (an Afghan National) to work as Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist. This Consultancy Support is essentially required to assist the existing PIU of Digital CASA Project in carrying out Monitoring and Evaluation activities under Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and make sure that all Monitoring and Evaluation activities are carried out in accordance with World Bank guidelines/regulations.
The objectives of this assignment are to support the PIU with all Monitoring & Evaluation activities under the Digital CASA Project and other programs being undertaken by MCIT. The consultant will work under the guidance of the Project Director of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and in close coordination with other relevant departments of MCIT. He/She will be accountable for ensuring that activities under Digital CASA Afghanistan Project are done in accordance with the legal documents between the World Bank and the Government of Afghanistan, in an efficient and transparent manner. The consultant will also provide Monitoring & Evaluation advice and support to the PIU Director and perform any other activities whenever required and assigned by the Director of Digital CASA.
Provinces to travel:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Experience in coordinating the implementation of projects/packages referring to survey, studies, performance assessments;
- Ability to review and prepare technical documentation in English and local languages;
- Excellent knowledge of English (Written, spoken and understanding) and two official languages (Dari and Pashto);
- Basic Office Computer Skills (MS Windows and MS Office)
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively with others in a teamwork environment;
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance and quality improvement programs are developed and managed using a data-driven focus that sets priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic imperatives;
- Ensure that organization-wide projects’ management and quality improvement initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability; participates in organizational strategic planning and provides coordination input to the development of all projects and policies related to processes’ performance and products’/outputs’ quality improvement;
- Finalize and update periodically, as needed, in agreement with the World Bank, the M&E framework for all the activities foreseen under the Digital CASA-Afghanistan project;
- Periodically collect all the necessary data under the M&E framework for all the activities, which the PIU implements/coordinates under the Digital CASA-Afghanistan project;
- Manage the data on project performance and coordinate the efforts of communicating to the stakeholders and the public at large the data on project performance in cooperation with the relevant personnel of the PIU, MCIT and ATRA;
- Coordinate the completion of monitoring and evaluation activities, assessments performance, feasibility studies, impact evaluations, performance audits by organizing the process of data mobilization, internal organization of data collecting and submission procedure, submitting to the relevant contracted Consultants, companies, third-party evaluators, survey institutes, private and public auditing entities the synthesized data, info notes, reports on the Projects status etc.;
- Ensure that needed data is collected on a timely basis, regular reports on progress are provided, distributed, and makes the required feedback, recommendations for further improvements based on the collected data;
- Monitor all activities & progress made by contractors, consultants, institutes…etc. and compare them with the contract obligations and scope of services/works of their contracts, in order to make sure that the projects run as per the signed contracts.
- Issuance of necessary instructions/guidance to the relevant counterparts for the rectification of any shortcomings which is encountered during Monitoring & Evaluation visit;
- If needed, the consultant will visit project sites in the provinces to evaluate the progress and their compliances to the contract requirements;
- Involve in capacity building activities referring to ensuring and raising quality, performance, efficiency, sustainability of the projects PIU implements and manages;
- Prepare periodic Progress Reports for the World Bank and the Government, including preliminary reports and data collection from the selected/beneficiary institutions, data processing and insertion in general progress reports and info notes;
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the PIU Project Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, management/business administration, economics, technology or other fields from a recognized University;
- At least 5 years’ of work experience relevant to the position in World Bank funded projects or other donor funded projects with a Bachelor degree or 3 years’ work experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation with Masters degree;
- The applicants must be able to travel within Afghanistan when required.