|Date Posted:||Aug 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Public Relations,Management|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||11 months|
About Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan:
The Project aims to strengthen the enabling environment for economic opportunities in cities where there is a high influx of displaced people. This will be pursued by increasing the returnees’ access to civil documents, providing short-term employment opportunities, improving market enabling infrastructure, and supporting investor friendly regulatory reforms.
The project design as mentioned above will include multiple implementing agencies, namely Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation (MoRR), Kabul Municipality, and Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG). At the central level, Ministry of Economy (MoEC) will serve as the lead line Ministry responsible for inter-ministerial coordination among stakeholders within the Government. MoEC, with the World Bank and other donors, will carry out overall management and project oversight across the Implementing Agencies (IAs) and other relevant agencies that are a part of the wider migration response strategy under Displacement and Returnee Executive Committee (DiREC).
This assignment particularly relates to Component 1 of the Project, which will support Afghan refugees (both registered and unregistered) in Pakistan and their voluntary repatriation. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) will be the Implementing Agency (IA) for the component, both in Afghanistan and in Pakistan, while the Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation (MoRR) will be involved in the implementation of communications activities. The component provides technical assistance, institutional support and training, necessary equipment, and operational assistance to MoFA to: (a) enhance its capacity to provide consular services (such as issuance of passports and verification of certificates); (b) develop and implement a joint communication strategy for MoFA and MoRR to disseminate information to Afghan refugees in Pakistan in order to facilitate their access to economic opportunities and social services through information centers at MoFA missions in selected cities of Pakistan, in collaboration with MoRR; and (c) support day-to-day implementation of Component 1 of the Project.
Lead the design and implementation of EZ-Kar’s Component 1 monitoring and evaluation framework in collaboration with MoFA, MoRR, MoEC, World Bank and relevant government counterparts, and ensure that each indicator related to Component 1 in the EZ-Kar Project Results Framework has a corresponding monitoring tool for data collection
Requires travel to provinces:
· Excellent understanding of monitoring frameworks, RFs, results chains, theories of change, and log frames
· Excellent report and brief writing skills
· Good experience with evaluations/studies/ researches in development projects
· Good analytical skills and basic understanding of MIS/ databases
· Working fluency in spoken and written English
· Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto
· Working fluency in MS Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Ability to work under pressure and with frequently changing priorities
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead the design and implementation of EZ-Kar’s Component 1 monitoring and evaluation framework in collaboration with MoFA, MoRR, MoEC, World Bank and relevant government counterparts, and ensure that each indicator related to Component 1 in the EZ-Kar Project Results Framework has a corresponding monitoring tool for data collection.
· Prepare a general monitoring plan for Component 1 of the EZ-Kar, and a detailed and specific monitoring plan for the current/ upcoming fiscal year. The plan should cover both headquarters and field activities, frequency, tools to be used, reporting chains, data uptake channels, means of verification, etc.
· Compile, review, and analyze M&E and other data and support Component 1 PIU Coordinator in preparing monitoring reports (e.g. quarterly reports).
· Support Component 1 PIU Coordinator in preparing reports related to Component 1 of EZ-Kar project, such as annual reports, conference reports, or special reports to the President, CEO, Cabinet, Parliament, donors, embassies etc. as requested.
· Liaise with the ARTF Third Party Monitoring and various colleagues within Component 1 PIU and MoEC’s Component 5 PIU to respond to observations and reports in a timely manner.
· Monitor field level implementation of Component 1 of EZ-Kar project to ensure adherence to the program policies and operations manual.
· Work with the IT Units to ensure that the Management Information System (MIS) for Component 1 meets the monitoring requirements of Component 1 of EZ-Kar project.
· Train and mentor the staffs in the Afghan diplomatic missions in Pakistan, in the use of the approved monitoring tools, analysis of monitoring data and in compiling information for reports.
· Prepare the Component 1 internal monthly reports for management
· Prepare the Component 1quarterly progress reports and submit the same to the Manager within 20 days of the close of each reporting quarter.
· Compile the inputs for the quarterly progress reports from all four missions in Pakistan and check for accuracy, and consistency with past reporting and other data available. Highlight to the Manager any significant deviations, gaps, errors in the reporting, and help work with the missions in addressing these in a timely manner.
· Coordinate with the M&E units of the MoFA and provide inputs and feedback in their M&E plans to make sure that they address the M&E and reporting requirements of EZ-Kar.
· Support Component 1 PIU Coordinator and Procurement Specialist in procuring and managing external consultancies/ studies/ evaluations/ assessments as may be needed to collect and monitor indicators related to Component 1 in the RF.
· Support the Component 1 PIU Coordinator to prepare for Implementation Support Mission (ISM) M&E, MIS, Grievance Handling sessions, including data collection, analysis, reporting, presentation preparations, attendance, and participation in the sessions.
· Review and provide support to the M&E Units of the other EZ-Kar in the Ministry of Economy
· Any other responsibilities that may be reasonably required by Component 1 PIU, OSC Manager and/or DG Consular affairs, or MoEC’s Component 5 PIU.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
A Bachelor’s Degree in Development, Social Sciences, Economics, Public Administration, Business Administration or similar is required. (Note: Exceptionally a Bachelor’s Degree in other disciplines will also be considered, provided the work experience of the candidate(s) is considered ideal). A Master’s degree in similar field will be an advantage. And
A minimum of 5 years of overall work experience, of which a minimum of 1 full year post-completion of the Bachelor’s Degree is required. Also required is a minimum of 3 full years working in positions in monitoring & evaluation and reporting functions and a minimum of 1 year working directly with Government or NGO development program monitoring is required.