|Date Posted:||Jul 31, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 12, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About General Directorate of Programs and Design:
The Senior Officer Monitoring and Evaluation (SOM and E) has overall responsibility for oversight of impact assessments of all Civil Service development programs managed through GDPDM. This includes the production of impact assessment reports and feedback to Departments supported by GDPDM. The SOM and E will oversee a team of Monitoring and Evaluation Officers (M and EO) and ensure the effective and efficient undertaking of assessment interviews within departments supported by GDPDM.SOM and E manages the outputs and performance of two M and E Officers and their assistance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage the scheduling and completion of all interviews at Departments.
2. Carry out scheduled interviews of senior-level MCP Appointee supervisors at 6 month, 12month, 24 month and 36 month intervals after completion of baseline interviews.
3. Coordinate and compile assessment reports with M and E Officers to include analysis of failures, in competencies and other constraints to capacity and skills transfer within Departments.
4. Prepare and submit quarterly impact assessment reports detailing evaluation of capacity transfer in Departments and making recommendations for improvements in GDPDM support to appointees and departments. These reports will include proposals for strengthening capacity development policy where appropriate.
5. Hold weekly progress meetings with M and E staff to maintain consistency in performance and timely completion of tasks
6. Make recommendations for improvements, where appropriate, of support to Departments through ToRs and other mechanisms.
7. Other tasks as required by the Supervisor
1. Timely completion of Departmental assessment interviews.
2. Quarterly Reports.
3. Valid and objective impact assessments of GDPDM
Reporting and supervisory role:
Senior Officer Monitoring and Evaluation will report to the Manager Monitoring and Evaluation.
1. A Bachelor/Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resource, Project Management or related field with 3 years of relevant working experience.
2. A Master degree is preferable.
3. Have good Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari or Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills in MS. Office are required.
1. Skills (professional and management)
2. Experience reporting to and briefing senior management on donor related issues
3. Excellent team work and interpersonal communication skills
4. Ability to meet deadlines, manage time effectively and prioritize work tasks effectively.